Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Godspeed, Reggae

Godspeed, Reggae

This morning, Reggae started screeching at about 8am. I didn't think anything of it. He does this every morning when I let Tehya out of the house. He loves her and yells until she's back in his pen. I went out a bit later to put Tehya in with him and Reggae didn't come running to the gate to greet her. I found him laying in a patch of fireweed, alert, yelling but unable to move on his own.

Fortunately, Candace was on call and met us at the clinic right away. Reggae's gums were grey and he was not quite as responsive by the time we got there. An x-ray of his chest showed a massive tumour that was pressing on his lungs, heart and vagus nerve. There was no other option but to release him.

Reggae was a good dog; noisy, shy and always happy. Just last night he was yelling at me through the fence when I was too slow bringing him a treat. He'd recently gone blind in one eye, but he had no other obvious health issues. He'd even had a full senior check up with bloodwork last month that showed no issues. Candace said that the location of his tumour meant it would be symptomless until it caused major issues, like it did this morning.

Tehya will miss her daytime playmate. I will miss my noisy boy. It is oppressively quiet here right now!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Godspeed Reggae - you'll be playing with all your buddies up at the bridge.

Tamara - you are stellar - so many losses I don't know how you manage. It must be your heart of gold that gives you strength. Lots of hugs to you and your family and give Tehya an extra hug - she will miss her boy.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I'm so sorry, Tamara. You have had way more than your share of losses of furkids recently.

RIP Reggae. Find all your buddies that have gone on before you, and have a screeching/yelling good time together.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I had to do some searching to find when Reggae came on board; 11/09/2008.
    I'm so sorry Tamara Lyn, that it was his time.

How nice that the tumor didn't effect him until the very last, while it is very sad for you, we are sure he has joined the happy Arrrrroooooo chorus up at the Rainbow Bridge, with Sherman and all his other Pet Talk compatriots.
    I've Been Frosted

I'm glad you were home when this happened, not out doing groceries or some such.

Have a wonderful romp pain free at the Bridge, Reggae. RIP.

So sorry for your loss, Tamara. It is never easy.

I'm very sorry about Reggae.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I am so sorry about Reggae.
    It doesn't ever get easier. Bless you for giving so many dogs (and kitties) a wonderful and loving home.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Glacier, I am so sorry to learn this sad news. (((HUGS))))
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh Tamara I am so sorry to hear . Rest easy Reggae, makes lots of noise up there .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Tamara,
    I was so sorry to read this. Huge huge hugs to you and all the fur-crew, especially Tehya - who will surely miss her morning buddy.
    Play hard at the RB sweetheart.
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

I am so sorry to hear Reggae has gone on.

Blog Entries
    Reggae had a wonderful life with you Glacier. Gotta love him just looking at his picture, what a character. I am very sorry for your loss.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalz View Post
    Tamara - you are stellar - so many losses I don't know how you manage. It must be your heart of gold that gives you strength. Lots of hugs to you and your family and give Tehya an extra hug - she will miss her boy.
    Please let me echo Bengalz words - Tamara - yes, I think it is your heart of gold that keeps you going.
    Bless you and I am so sorry for yet another loss at your home.

Rest In Peace, Reggae.