Thread: Alberta's turn to get flooded...

Hybrid View

Alberta's turn to get flooded...

Kevan Yaets swims after his cat, Momo, as the flood waters sweep him downstream and submerge the cab of his truck in High River, Alta. (Jordan Verlage/Canadian Press)

We in Cochrane are ok....towns near us are being evacuated. Canmore, 45 minutes down the highway, just had their river completely cover the highway (Hwy 1, the main east-west route). They are trapped until the water settles down.

Lots of flood pics here: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...y-plan-ch.html
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

My mom's in Sundre, at the top of a hill so she's ok. Low areas being evacuated. Bridge into town closed due to high water. My friend Daryn and his family are in High River, as the entire town has been evacuated I assume they are out of their home.

Prayers for everyone. Stay safe. Belongings can be replaced. You can't!!!!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Oh, my God!

Prayers for safety for all affected by these floods.

Last edited by phesina; 06-21-2013 at 07:51 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Just to add - I couldn't post the picture, but there is one of that man and his cat and two rescue workers coming out of the river to safety. Many kennels in Calgary and around here are posting that they will help with evacuated animals.

Aw, thank goodness kitty knew to swim! You'll all be in our prayers. Friends in Indiana said they could use some of that rain ... if only we could redirect it!
    I've Been Frosted

Gosh, many folks here would LOVE to send it to Indiana! I don't think it will listen to reason, though....