Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP sweet old man Elan

RIP sweet old man Elan

My sweet Elan went to the Bridge yesterday. He saw the vet and it was determined that he had cancer and was in renal failure. He was deaf, partially blind and only weighed 4 lbs. His yowling told me he was in pain. He was almost 20 years old. It was then that I had to make the ultimate decision to help him to the Bridge. He went very peacefully in my arms.

While you were only with me for 6 months, I gave you the best 6 months I could. You didn't want for anything. The house is so quiet without you. I miss you waking me up at 5 a.m. to eat and sitting on the futon with your paws wrapped around my hand while you slept.

Play hard at the Bridge my beautiful old man. You knew love for such a short time and brought me such joy and pleasure. I will never forget you.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Aww, rest in peace, dude, your struggles now are ended, and pain is no more.
    I've Been Frosted

I am so sorry. At least you can take peace in knowing the last 6 months he was much loved by you.

RIP Elan
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Donna, you gave dear Elan everything he could want...food, a hand to hold while he slept, and even lower litter boxes for his old limbs. He had the best 6 months of his life with you.

Rest happy and loved, sweetest Elan. Play healthy and joyfully at the Bridge.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am very sorry for your loss. 6 months or 6 years the pain of loss is the same.

I'm so sorry, Donna, but you gave Elan a beautiful six months of love. Take heart in that.

Elan, play well at the Bridge, sweetheart, your Meowmie would appreciate hearing from you on occasion.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Godspeed Élan, and bless you Donna for taking him in and making his life wonderful.
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

I'm sorry about your precious Elan. Not too many people will take on old timers and give them a wonderful home for their last days.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I'm so sorry for your loss. Elan knew he was loved, though.

Rest in peace, Elan - and go find your friends at the RB.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    I'm so sorry, Donna, but you gave Elan a beautiful six months of love. Take heart in that.

Elan, play well at the Bridge, sweetheart, your Meowmie would appreciate hearing from you on occasion.
    I agree completely. Elan knew he was much loved for these past six months. I enjoyed knowing him as a PT Kitty for the time he was with you. ((((HUGS)))) Elan, you are a very special gentleman and you were loved by a truly amazing meowmie, who introduced you to us.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Donna, those 6 months w/ you were kitty nirvana for Elan, and something he never would have known otherwise (Unless another PT home had opened up). Bless you for giving him that. And for making the selfless decision this morning. You and I and many on here have done that final decision many times, it is never easy. Hugs to you. Sounds like it was Elan's time.

Romp at RB Elan!

Oh, Donna, I am so very sorry.

Thank you so much for giving Elan such a wonderful, delightful experience of life for those last six months of his. God bless you.

Rest in peace, darling Elan. You are whole and healthy again, a beautiful radiant Angel, at the Rainbow Bridge, where you will greet your beloved Donna and welcome her Home, One Fine Day..

Love from Pat and cats
    {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thank you everyone for your loving, kind words. It's just so quiet here.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

The silence really tears at you doesn' it? It doesn't matter if it was 6 months or 6 years, they leave this big hole in your heart when they leave. thank you for giving Elan "The Good Life" while he was part of your family.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Smile

That was so wonderful to make Elan part of your family so he can go to his reward as a part of a family rather than a stray.
    Elan will let a the other Awesome Angels know al about you and you will be met by so many Wonderful Angels when you are all reunited at a Resort in Paradise.
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS