Thread: Been away a while and miss this place.

Hybrid View

Been away a while and miss this place.

I sorely miss this place. I check in from time to time but am usually too tired to reply to any threads.

Work has been great. They are building a new store for us and I'm losing my mind with inventory (HOW can it be soooo very wrong?!?) and trying to keep the panic out of my coworkers (they are all convinced they'll be fired and the owner will open a new store with a new staff.) I found a possible new sales associate last week. I found her dog, and then found her. She's looking for a job and has the experience we're looking for. It'd be pretty darn cool for my first hire to come about because of an animal!

I've also been trying to reinvent my look. I decided that since we're moving to a shiny new store, I need to tweek my professional look. I've been buying a ton of skirts and dresses. I wear a dress/skirt about twice a week now, and I plan on making it three days a week in July, 4 days in August, etc. -- I figure by the time the new store opens, it'll feel normal and not like I'm playing dress-up. My feet just aren't loving the dressier shoes, especially the heels. Why don't sensible shoes look the same with dresses?

I'm loving having two new grandbabies. They both are growing like little weeds. Logan (almost 7 months) is trying to make his little legs propel him forward. He's so darned cute just rocking back and forth. He's got the motor, just no forward motion! Allie (4 months) has figured out how to scootch across the room on her tummy. No legs involved. Cameron is a smart, silly, and loving boy who turned 7 this week (SEVEN?!?!) Seri is a sweet kid who I'm still getting to know. My daughter is learning a LOT about how much she misunderstood about me and what I had to put up with as a stepmom.

The stinky thing is that my Seasonal Depression is kicking in big-time this summer. Way earlier than usual, but its kicking my butt already. I'm binge eating something fierce due to emotions, which creates a mean spiral affect: gain 5 pounds and kick myself. Eat because I'm frustrated. Gain 5 more pounds. Sigh. I still look good, and feel good. I just know I can't keep doing this myself.

Furry critters are all doing well. I would love to foster (I have serious kitten envy right now) but I know it wouldn't be fair to my husband because he'd be the foster parent. I'm not home enough to care for them. He does all the feeding and litter scooping right now because I'm never home.

Oh, and my daughter got me involved with Candy Crush. Dang game has me under its spell. Anyone who wants to friend me and give me lives will be much loved!

You have been busy and under a lot of stress from what I read here. We all seem to be getting way behind on PT but we always check in and come back.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Glad to have you back!

There are "Sensible" shoes that look fine with dresses, I promise. I live in skirts and dresses, and find a Mary Jane style shoe with a low heel looks just fine, and dressy enough with a skirt or dress, but doesn't hurt like the heels that are so popular! Look for something with a flexible sole, and once you find a pair that works, but a couple extra, just so you have them. The classics never go out of style!

The good thing is it is summer, so there's lots of yummy local fruit available - use that for your "binge eating" and you'll not only feel better about it, but will likely not gain as much - if any weight!
    I've Been Frosted

Karen, I LOVE LOVE LOVE strawberries and grapes. In fact I'm eating a nice bowl of beautiful strawberries. Its funny how in the past year, since I started counting calories, how even when I binge, my go-to foods have changed. I just need to stay far away from the candy. That's where my binging goes horribly wrong. The strawberries might as well be candy for how sweet they are. Why can't I be happy with them? noooooo, I binge on Twizzlers. Strawberry Twizzlers. I do know that I'll get a handle on it. Its just stress.

And I also LOVE Mary Janes. I have a couple with a nice heel. One pair is black and ivory that look like they're from the 40's, and they have what can only be described as the perfect heel and a nice wide toe box so my toesies and all happy little piggies. If I had the forethought to find them in every color... oh well, live and learn.

Hi, my name is Cindy and I'm a Candy Crush addict!
    I'll see if I can find you on FB so we can help each other out!

I also know what you mean about the stress eating. I do it, gain some weight then TRY to get back on track, but am upset with my self and it's just a vicious cycle!!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Ditto, about the millions of people with a Candy Crush Saga habit! There was an article about it on CNN.com yesterday. I finally got level 36 unlocked, blew through on the first try, and am now stuck on 37.

Good luck with the new store! You want to be careful about heels, though, especially if you're on your feet all day. They're a good way to permanently nuke your hips and back.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb