Thread: I can't find Zoe!...update #2...of course...

Hybrid View

I can't find Zoe!...update #2...of course...

I am almost in tears. I am posting here because I'm worried, but also because I hope that as soon as I post, she will appear from some weird hiding place.

All three are indoor cats. No balcony time today as it's thundering out. She had breakfast this morning...I came back from my walk and had a shower, and then lunch, and went to a short computer appointment.

I don't remember NOT seeing her when I came home...I got to work on some computers here...then it was dinner time. All three show up for that!

No Zoe.

I opened cupboards and closets, checked under the bed 3 times, I have looked everywhere.

She is 12 1/2 and my biggest fear is that she had a heart attack or something and dropped dead. I even walked down the hallway outside my unit.

I feel sick! Where on earth is she?

PT Prayers PLEASE for my little girl!
    Last edited by Catty1; 06-17-2013 at 04:56 PM.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Of course, I posted here and then phoned my mom and left a tearful message....I hung up and out Zoe came from behind the couch. I LOOKED there several times!

Cats just give us heart attacks sometimes...

Of course....glad Zoe's OK!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Of course, I posted here and then phoned my mom and left a tearful message....I hung up and out Zoe came from behind the couch. I LOOKED there several times!

Cats just give us heart attacks sometimes...
    Whew! Zoe, I am glad you and your meowmie are okay! Please have her give you some BIG HUGS from me and some for Oscar and Cole too, please! And you give her a whole bunch of nose rumbs and head bumpies, please.

I remember one time when I was kitty-sitting for my sister's two cats. She had shown me their favorite napping places before she left, so I would know where to look for them. The first or second day I went to take care of the cats, I could not find them. I looked in all the places she had shown me, and a couple of other spots as well. No kitties. I shook the treat pouch, no kitties. I was starting to panic and called my mom. She told me to slow down and look one more time. Sure enough, the two cats were snuggled together on a dining room chair, perfectly content and giving me the "We were here all the time" look. Cats...
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh Candace, I'm so glad she rematerialized!

I've known cats that have done that. It's really heart-stopping, isn't it!

Zoe, you need to treat your Meowmie very sweetly now, to make up for scaring her so badly!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

They are good at hiding, that's for sure. Paizly has done that to me several times! I think I know where she is hiding, but do not have a way to check for her. There are boxes stacked in the office and I have seen her go in behind them. Only I can't look for her there, it's impossible to see if she's back there.
    What frustrates me is I go around calling her and looking for her for hours and then Bruce comes home and I tell him I can't find her. He calls her and then says.........she's right here in the office. Grrr........brat! LOL They just like to get our hearts pumping every now and then.

So glad she came out!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

It's so scary when it happens (all cat purrents have gone through this a time or two) and I can just imagine how panicked you were! What gets me is when they finally emerge from wherever they were, they look at you as if to say, "I wasn't lost. I knew exactly where I was!"
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

LOL - yes - her face plainly said, "Why do you sound so upset? I knew where I was!"

I know other cat purrents have been through this. Thanks so much for reminding me that they are just being a CAT!