Thread: Yikes, a new lump on Jasper!

Hybrid View

Yikes, a new lump on Jasper!

I was petting Jasper last night and I felt something on the outside of his right thigh that wasn't right. Sure enough, it felt different than the left thigh.

It took me a few minutes to isolate the lump because it's so small (not quite pea-sized), but I did eventually find it. It is beneath the skin, and mobile, but feels different from most lipomas I've felt. Maybe that's just because it's so small? Hopefully that's the case and it's just another lipoma. He's got one the size of a quarter over his ribcage, I've been waiting for his next dental cleaning to have it removed.

We're headed to the vet in a few hours for a biopsy. Send us some good vibes for something nice and harmless please!

Aww, lumpy puppy! Hope it's harmless, we'll keep him in our prayers!
    I've Been Frosted

Well I feel sheepish! Jasper had a rabies vaccine a couple of weeks ago and the little nodule is where the vaccine was given. It will go away on its own. Ah well, better safe than sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by snakemama View Post
    Well I feel sheepish! Jasper had a rabies vaccine a couple of weeks ago and the little nodule is where the vaccine was given. It will go away on its own. Ah well, better safe than sorry.
    Aww, that's okay! Glad you remembered! Silly momma, give Jasper a hug from me!
    I've Been Frosted

LoL yes, that was the shortest vet visit ever.

*Vet palpates Jasper's leg*

*Vet glances at chart*

Dr R: "Well, we just vaccinated him in this very spot, so I think this is a simple vaccine reaction...if it doesn't go away in two weeks, call me again."

Me: "Oh....yeah, I should have remembered that....well...talk to you later!"

Too be honest, I would probably be mortified, but then again I am so socially awkward it's painful! Definitely better to be safe than sorry, I don't believe for a second that hasn't happened before