Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saying goodbye to Bon...

Saying goodbye to Bon...

Such a sad morning. No big smushy face in mine and that big tail hitting the wall to wake me up. For the first time in a long while I actually stayed in bed until I woke up. Thought I'd be happy when I could do that, but I'd do anything to have him wake me up again.

He left this world around 6pm last night. Our vet came out and gave him a sedative, then when he was sleeping she gave him the shot and I heard his last breath and knew he was in a better place and out of pain.
    I asked her before if she felt we were doing the right thing. She said if he was in that much pain when he fell, we most definitely were. It helped to hear that. It was amazing how calm Bon was when everyone came. He actually laid at the feet of the guy from the mortuary when we were doing the paperwork. I guess he felt better when he said he was going to take good care of him

When the guy from the mortuary came back, it was all handled very professionally. He was put on the stretcher and into a body bag, then another cloth like bag. I was glad to be able to be able to be part of it. He deserved only the best.

Roxey didn't want to go outside, she stayed in the kitchen and we put Simba in his kennel...neither of them made a peep. I feel Roxey knew what was happening. She even walked past him after his was gone, but didn't offer to stop. Earlier in the day one of my friends came by and Roxey looked at Bon lovingly, sniffed him and gave him a kiss. It was so sweet. I think she said goodbye then.

I'm going to miss that big pain in the ass so much! He had so much unconditional love to give and never let a day go by that he didn't tell you...many times

Thank you all so much for the out pouring of love, prayers and thoughts. It means more to us than you all know. We're lucky to have such great friends.

Sweet boy I hope your happy and making new friends. Your best friend Tory will be there and you two can play like you did when you were pups. Only this time I don't think you'll let her boss you around
    We were so lucky to have you in our lives. Run free

Even on his last day he looked so regal.

7/7/04-7/10/13

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Oh no, Anna. I am so sorry. I know you loved Bon so much, such a shame he seemed so young to. Rest in peace, Bon, handsome boy you will always be loved.

Oh Anna, reading this brings tears to my eyes... I just wish you'd had more time with him!

And I think it is so touching what Roxey did... yes, they do say good bye, I'm sure. And seeing him will help her understand what happened, and where her friend has gone... But I'm so sad for you that you have lost your beloved boy!

R.I.P. Bon, you were so very much loved!

((((HUGS))))

That's all I can think to say right now. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers .
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I am so sorry to hear about Bon's passing. I had hoped you would have more time with him. It sounded like he was in
    a lot of pain & you guys were right to spare him the agony. Animals can bear up under a lot of pain, so we can only guess
    the amount it takes before they show it outwardly.

Bon was a very handsome boy & will be missed by all who knew him.That last picture of him outside was a good one &
    that's how I will remember him. Rest easy big fella. (((Hugs))) Anna & Mark.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Aww, what a great final picture of him, he was such a handsome lug, and had the best life ever - with you! I am glad I got to meet him that time in Findlay, even though he hadn't finished growing yet!
    I've Been Frosted

It was a great final picture.

RIP, Sweet Bon, play well at the Bridge. Peace to your family.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I'm so so sorry. {{{hugs}}} May memories comfort you in time.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am sorry to hear this. He will be waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Anna and Mark, I'm so sorry for your loss. You did the right thing and now he's pain free and playing up at Rainbow Bridge. RIP sweet Bon. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

So very sorry for your loss. I'm sure Bon is running happily without pain in a much better place.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

LES!

Your post on FB was the first thing I saw before going to bed and my heart dropped and I let out a sob, which startled John, and all I could do was point to Bon's photo.

It really is not fair. RIP Bon. You'll be missed so much.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Anna and Mark, I'm so very sorry for your loss. The picture of Bon radiates his sweet and bold character, and so much love. I know you will miss him terribly, but I hope in time the pain will be less and you will cherish the memories. Saying goodbye to him now was an act of love, and I think what he would have wanted.

It was touching that Roxey came to say goodbye to his friend - he will miss him, too.

Rest easy, Sweet Bon - you will never be forgotten.

((((hugs))))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

So very sorry for your loss, but glad that Bon is no longer in pain. I imagine he's having a lovely time at The Bridge - renewing friendships made through out the years

Such a handsome boy in the picture. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21