Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Post a pic of yourself and tell us about yourself

Ah both my kids loved dragonball Z as well, great to meet everyone and wow those snakes are so beautiful and i would be scared to do what you do , but you obviously know your snakes well.,and you are not short ,im only 5ft 2 inches myself, i would call us average .

Please keep this thread going, it is so nice to put faces to names and learn about everyone's lives.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

DBZ is the best. lol

And thanks! Not only do I enjoy having and working with them, but I've also helped a few people overcome their fear of snakes with them.

We're the new average. haha

In some countries, the average height of women is around 5' 2" - here in the US it is 5' 4 1/2", so you are not that short, just below average! I am 5'6" and have noticed it depends on who I am with whether I feel tall or short! In the Boston area are a lot of immigrants from various parts of the world, and compared to some of the women from South American countries, I feel really tall!
    I've Been Frosted

Nothing a pair of good heels can't fix, i have never worried about being small in height, it no big deal to me or neither should it be , you are what you are.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Cassandra, you're not short, you're fun sized

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    In some countries, the average height of women is around 5' 2" - here in the US it is 5' 4 1/2", so you are not that short, just below average! I am 5'6" and have noticed it depends on who I am with whether I feel tall or short! In the Boston area are a lot of immigrants from various parts of the world, and compared to some of the women from South American countries, I feel really tall!
    That's good to know, I'm 5'4" occasionally, 5'5".
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    Me - September 2012 dressed for High School reunion
    looking good Slick!!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Be prepared to shrink as you age - especially if you have osteoporosis. Your vertebrae will settle - kinda like a new house settles. I used to be 5'2" - and now I'm an even 5'. I have actually had to put a cushion on my seat in the car, to be able to see properly when I'm driving.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Glad I am not the only one who's "short" or "average" here LOL. I am 5'3". My mom is 5'5" and my Dad is 5'9" so I guess that's where I get it from LOL.

I'm very tall compared to all of you. I'm around the 5'9" range. My mom used to be 6'1" and my dad was about 6'. As they've gotten older they have shrunk in height so they seem more my height now. My two brothers are about 6'5" so I'm glad that I'm not any taller than I am. My mom was only 12 when she stopped growing in height so many people thought that she was older than she really was. I've always wanted to be shorter but being taller does help if you end up gaining a little weight because then it doesn't show as much.

Wow, everyone here looks great!

I guess I'll introduce myself now! My name is Erin and I am nineteen years old. I am also in the short group; 5'1 as well. I have a cat named Snow, a guinea pig named Lucky, a hamster named Theodore, and a betta fish named Charlie. Next month I will be moving out of my mom's home and going an hour away closer to school with a couple friends. My mom claims she is happy because "she won't have to deal with all the animals I bring home from school." Hehe I am a sophomore in college studying wildlife conservation. I plan on attending graduate school for marine biology post graduation. When I started college, my major was equine science; however, I soon realized that the horse industry was not quite for me.

This is me with the horse that I cared for my first semester of school. Her name is Pleasure and she was a complete sweetheart! She was pregnant and foaled in May.

RIP Sally

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    I'm very tall compared to all of you. I'm around the 5'9" range. My mom used to be 6'1" and my dad was about 6'. As they've gotten older they have shrunk in height so they seem more my height now. My two brothers are about 6'5" so I'm glad that I'm not any taller than I am. My mom was only 12 when she stopped growing in height so many people thought that she was older than she really was. I've always wanted to be shorter but being taller does help if you end up gaining a little weight because then it doesn't show as much.
    Traci, you'd fit fine around me and my nieces, both of my older brother's girls are at least your height, I'm 5' 6" and Jenn, (Lady's Other Human) is about 5 7" I think, so you'd do fine with us! My friend Bonnie is 5' 10" and when she was drinking coffee at the age of 4, people always told her it would stunt her growth, to which she now replies "Thank heavens I did, or who KNOWS how tall I'd be!" It took me all the way past age 18 to reach my 5' 6", so I was not one who sprouted quickly like your mom!

There are folks of nearly every size and shape in our family, so being kinda in the middle, it depends who I hang out with whether I feel tall or short!
    I've Been Frosted

Name:  Photo on Ohio River.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  1.21 MB

I am Johanna, and have been around here what seems like forever. I have a 9 (almost) year old son, Jonah, a lot of cats and a dog. I spend most of my time either being a mom or a lawyer, and wouldn't change my life for all the catnip in China.

This is a photo taken last month on a riverboat cruise. I usually don't wear my hair up like this. My bf's fraternity alumni group had a cruise. It called for a little extra attention, he he he, as my preferred attire is casual.

Johanna, you still look the same - or better, after all these years. Good to see you again!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Randi- how sweet of you to think so! Thanks.

A friend who is also a good photographer took some pictures of me yesterday. As you can see, I have visibly aged since I joined Pet Talk thirteen years ago:

For those who do not know... I'm Kirsten, I'm 47 and from Germany. I share my home with two feline girls, Luna (13) and Lily (10). Due to several medical conditions I'm on disability pension and try to do my best to cope with this difficult situation. I'm a passionate photographer and I've chosen a vegan lifestyle because I believe that humans don't have the right to make other living beings on this planet suffer for our wellbeing.