Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Post a pic of yourself and tell us about yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13 View Post
    I'm Bri as most of you know. Ex-college student, currently working as a caregiver and eventually going to nursing school.
    Do start looking into nursing schools now, as some have waiting lists, just so can see if there's stuff you can do to prepare in the meantime!
    I've Been Frosted

Great thread!!
    This is me nearly one year ago:

I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Do start looking into nursing schools now, as some have waiting lists, just so can see if there's stuff you can do to prepare in the meantime!
    I have, the one I'm going to takes a select number 3 times a year based on a points system. The caregiving is good experience because I've discovered I love the work. I'm gonna work a bit and save some money then go

Sounds good, its nice the caregiving is such a good fit for what you want to do! It will give you invaluable experience as well! And don;t forget, we have a couple nurses here on Pet Talk, so you'll have mentors available if needed!
    I've Been Frosted

Everyone looks great!
    Last edited by chocolatepuppy; 10-12-2013 at 09:37 PM.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

So lovely to see you all and learn all about everyone here, keep posting, very much enjoying your responses.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Me - September 2012 dressed for High School reunion
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

looking good there slick, nice to see you, thanks for sharing.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Hi everyone .

Slick I just love your dress, it is gorgeous .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Hi, I'm Elyse and this picture was just taken about a month ago at my niece's baby shower. As I'm typing this, my cat Cassie is sitting next to me on the sofa. I'm a nurse... I started my first position as a staff nurse 26 years ago on June first. Right now I am working in the quality services department at one of the local hospitals. I look at medical records to evaluate patient outcomes, see what went well and where we can improve. It's a detail-oriented position and I'm a low-key, introverted detail person, so it is a great job for me. I sing in church choir, which is a joy most of the year. At Christmas and during Holy Week, like most people involved in church music, I get a little stressed! I live in the southwest suburbs of Chicago. I'm the one who often lights a candle on the Pet Talk gratefulness.org candle page with the message: "Dear God, thank You for all of the very special people, dogs, cats and pets of Pet Talk!" Because I am very thankful for the Pet Talk Community!

p.s., my hair is a little shorter in this picture than in the one on my facebook page. I am happy with the length as it is in this picture. You can't tell from this photo but I got a really terrific haircut a couple of days before this photo was taken.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Wow. I haven't been here in a very long time. I almost never have time to get on here during work hours these days because I am very busy. Facebook has sucked up all of my computer time at home.

We have quite a few lovely ladies here, don't we?!?

Court. I love your hairstyle!

No pictures here at my work computer. Will post one later.

Here's a fairly recent picture of me. I'm a dental technician and I hate my job. One reason is because I've been forced to start even later now and I never know when I'll get home each night. I'm also doing some pet sitting part time and I have a profile on care.com. I would love to be able to become a full time pet sitter. I have a growing cat family so I would describe myself as the crazy cat lady that your mother warned you about. I've never been married and I don't have any kids so my cats are my family and furkids. My cats are my life and I thoroughly enjoy taking care of them.

Hello everyone! My name is Cassandra, and I just recently introduced myself in the Introduction forums.

I am 18 years old, and will be turning 19 this September. People always make fun of how short I am; I'm 5'1", although they know I can stick up for myself, so I don't get messed with very often. :P I recently graduated from high school, and I will be trying to sign up for college courses this fall. We had some trouble with signing my financial aid, so it got sent in a little later than I planned. But, hopefully it will be processed in time for me to start the Fall semester. I will be studying at Haywood Community College under a transfer program as an Associate of Science. I love animals, and I hope to become a Biologist, or a wildlife photographer. I still live with my father (my parents have been divorced for many years), and I will be staying with either one of my parents through college.

I take many photos (mostly of my snakes lol), and so far I am self-taught, but I hope to tie Biology with my photography in the future. I love many types of animals, but I am very biased towards snakes. :P I can't get enough of studying or talking about snakes, there's just something about them that's so addictive. I own two snakes as of now, a 3.5ft, 7 year old unsexed ball python and a 5ft, 2 year old male boa constrictor. I plan on adding more to my family in the next few years, and my dream snake is the reticulated python. They are the longest, and reportedly the most intelligent snake, and I love everything about them! Depending on how my life is in the next few years, I will either get a standard-sized or a super-dwarf.

I am not much of a gamer, be it video games, sports, card, or board games. But, I do like quite a few games. My favorite game is Skyrim, I just love being able to do so much in a game, which is why I love open-world RPGs so much. I also used to play the Yu-gi-oh! trading card game, which is the most demanding, mind-bending game I've ever played, but I've become distracted by snakes. lol I have a wide taste in music, but I'm also very picky, and there is much I don't like. I am definitely much more open-minded to music than I was freshman year, though! I will listen to anything from death metal to EBM, and occasionally classical. It depends on my mood and who it is.

When I lived with my mother, we were always going through pets. Lucky, Sweetie, and Tiger are the cats I've had the longest in my life. Lucky chose me as her owner over 7 years ago, when she came up to me, meowing for food and attention. She's been in my family ever since. When my dad got custody of us, she ended up becoming an outdoor cat (although she is now indoor), and got pregnant from one of the strays. She had three babies: Tiger, Sweetie, and Tom. Tom had to be put down before his first birthday due to a terminal back issue (my mom never did tell me exactly what it was, just something was bad with his lower spine). Tiger is still with us, but Sweetie has been missing, and I doubt we'll get her back. I am going to wait until I get in a bigger place to get a dog. My dad doesn't want any dogs here, so I have to wait until I move out. Which is really sad, because I saw this absolutely loveable Staffy mix at the shelter, and I wanted to bring him home so bad. I hope to study on pit bulls and American Staffordshires, and adopt a purebred or a mix, because I think they don't get enough credit. I also love Siberian huskies, and have had a few over the years.

I also love anime and manga, but nowhere near as much as snakes. Everyone in my family call them the "freak cartoons." lol But, I've been hooked since I saw an episode of Dragonball Z when I was 4 years old, although I had a hiatus for many years before getting back into anime/manga again. I much prefer the English-dubbed, and I don't understand the people who vehemently oppose the English versions, especially when much of their reasons for preferring English-subbed are actually untrue. My favorite anime are definitely Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji, all the Dragon Ball series (except Kai - ugh), among many others.

Here's a few of me with my two little guys, and one from my Costa Rica trip last year.

You sound like you'll fit right in here!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by BoaLover11 View Post
    I also love anime and manga, but nowhere near as much as snakes. Everyone in my family call them the "freak cartoons." lol But, I've been hooked since I saw an episode of Dragonball Z when I was 4 years old, although I had a hiatus for many years before getting back into anime/manga again. I much prefer the English-dubbed, and I don't understand the people who vehemently oppose the English versions, especially when much of their reasons for preferring English-subbed are actually untrue. My favorite anime are definitely Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji, all the Dragon Ball series (except Kai - ugh), among many others.
    One of my first anime loves was Dragonball Z, too. C: Its super nice to see another anime/manga fan on PT.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}