Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Post a pic of yourself and tell us about yourself

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    It's so nice to see pics of you all. I don't think I knew what any of you looked like before now

here is my photo... it's actually my Before and After photo on facebook lol.

Attachment 56833

My name is Tanya and I am originally from London, Ontario, Canada but have been living in Lancaster PA for the last 7 years. I am a stay at home, homeschooling mom to Hannah who is almost 6 years old now (CRAZINESS) and I work very part time as a teachers assistant for a preschool two mornings a week which Hannah gets to attend with me. We still have our two dogs, Beezer and Belle.

In the photo you see I've lost a lot of weight. I was nearly 300 lbs in the first photo and after a health scare (which turned out to be just a panic attack but was enough to set me straight) I set on a mission to lose weight and be healthy. I started with just diet changes... portion control, eating healthier, etc. Since January I have joined Beachbody and have two wonderful coaches who help push me along and keep me motivated. One is a dear friend from our church who is also on a journey to being healthier and the other is our "headmaster" and he is a wonderful motivator and very knowledgeable and encouraging. I started going to fit club once a week and since then I brought my workouts home and workout there 6 days a week. I've completed three different workout programs and have the T shirts to prove it LOL and I am working on #4 which is Focus T25... VERY tough and very intense. I've run a few 5k's since January. I've lost over 100 lbs... down to about 185 and I still have some more work to do but I'm focused and driven to be the healthiest me I can be. My husband of 8 years this august has joined me in this journey to health and we are pushing each other along.

So between being healthier, homeschooling and keeping up after Hannah my days are pretty busy
    That's a very big accomplishment, and it must take an insane amount of dedication! I congratulate you on your success.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    Too soften the blow of how disgusting I look in this photo I made it smaller. My chins are showing :P But I thought it was too cool not to post! It's me holding a Tegu yesterday at the County Fair! I almost look as fat as him LOL. I had just done a little research on them for a future class *project* and I was actually surprised to have met one haha!
    Neither of you are fat. Although I'm not much of a fan of tegus, it's awesome you got to see one, and I hope the project you're planning goes well.

Pom & momcat - I COULD post pictures of both of you that aren't THAT old!!

Tanya, you look fantastic, and I can't believe Hannah is six. She was three I suppose when we met her. Such a cutie - and maybe just a bit of a ham?!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Thanks everyone. I wouldn't say it takes a ton of dedication but it is hard work but knowing it's worth it is what keeps you going. Just eating right (most of the time LOL) and exercising regularly

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post

Tanya, you look fantastic, and I can't believe Hannah is six. She was three I suppose when we met her. Such a cutie - and maybe just a bit of a ham?!
    Thank you

I know... it's crazy. I can't believe it myself. Definitely a ham and more so with each passing day LOL

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    I forgot about those. You have permission to post the one of me in the group shot that was taken at a distance!!! Just don't tell anyone where the other pictures are.......
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

July 21st 2013 - my 57th Birthday.

That's my mom on the left. She turned 80 in June. She has had Parkinson's for about 4 years but still gets in her 1 hour walk almost daily!

After over 20 years as a musician on the road, I 'retired' to Alberta 15 years ago. I did a few gigs and worked in various office jobs. Computers had always interested me and in late 2008 I joined a startup computer company with a friend of mine as a mentor. We had a recession in early 2009. There weren't any "real" jobs available, so I decided to plough on and keep going with computers - the company had failed by then.

I Googled, made mistakes, called on my friend, learned tons just by doing - and finally this year I feel on an even keel.

I am owned by Oscar Mayer Wild a 10 year old tabby, Cole Rover Porter a fluffy black boy about 8 years old, and Zoe a tiny tabby-and-white foster failure who will be 13 this fall and is the biggest kitten of the lot!

"Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Hi everyone, was waiting to take a new photo of myself before posting. So let's see where to begin.

I'm Michelle. I live in Italy. I have lived here for 6.5 years. I was born and lived in Canada before that for my entire life. I am owned by 6 cats and a dog. I'm married to a guy (from Italy) I met online 12 years ago. We have been married 9 years this past June. I have been a big girl most of my life and was diabetic for the last nearly 20 years until 9 months ago when I had Bilio-pancreatic Diversion done here in Italy. I have lost about 35 kg (about 77 lbs) since November 2012. I am a die hard Slayer fan. Love 80's music and photography is a big part of my life. I also adore cooking.

Anyway, onto the photos. I will post 3 total. One from October of 2012 (about 3 weeks before my surgery), another from April 2013 and one that was taken today. I still have 3 kg (about 6,5 lbs) to lose but am in preparation now to have reconstructive surgery done to get rid of the ungodly skin that remains. I am hoping to have my first surgery before the end of the year.

October 2012

April 2013

August 2013

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Looking great, Michelle! And you'll feel so much better when the surgery is done! My sister lost over 100 pounds after gastric band surgery, and said that was the most annoying part, feeling like the title character in "The Saggy Baggy elephant" - but she didn't want to grow back into it like he did!
    I've Been Frosted

This is me and hubby last month, I had lost about 25 pounds. Thanks to Michelle motivating me my surgery is scheduled for September 12. I am so excited, I am down 29 pounds now also. I work out 6 times a week. I am having gastric bypass.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	july20.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	125.9 KB 
ID:	56914
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    This is me and hubby last month, I had lost about 25 pounds. Thanks to Michelle motivating me my surgery is scheduled for September 12. I am so excited, I am down 29 pounds now also. I work out 6 times a week. I am having gastric bypass.

Name:	july20.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	125.9 KB 
ID:	56914
    You are well ahead of the game here. The fact that you are already exercising is fantastic. I have a friend who had the sleeve done 5 or 6 months ago and she has lost 100 lbs total so far (that was with the 35 she lost before the surgery). She still have a fair bit to take off. Not sure the exact amount as she doesn't care. She isn't at all concerned as to goals or anything like that. She has said she is happy to have taken this much off and if she doesn't lose more that is ok and if she does then that is ok too. I have another friend who had bypass done 4 months ago and she is down around 80 lbs total (that also includes what she lost before surgery...I believe she lost about 25). The results for both of them are great in such a short time. I know you will have amazing results too. Besides all that you really carry your weight well. You are a lovely woman. A very attractive woman. You have a lovely shape to your face and no double chin like me. With the bypass you are going to have fantastic results. You are going to be so happy. You have no idea how puffed up I feel when you credit me with motivating you. It is the best feeling ever. I am so excited for you and can't wait to see your results as you reach your goals.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Myself

Name:	0543.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	56915

I'm Jenna, and I live on a farm in ********** Minnesota. We raise all sorts of animals! I am 5'6, brown hair and brown eyes that turn hazel in the summer, and I have a lot of build and muscle because of all the farm work I doI am a very talented rider, and I board two horses, Chester is a chestnut leopard appaloosa and Mysty is a Shire/Friesian/Paint mix. The picture shows me on Mysty. I am a fairly good jumper and I can canter bareback! I love to paint and sketch and my main subjects are animal skulls and snakes. I am a huge snake lover - I don't care what anybody says about them. I think they are absolutely amazing! They are just the same as other animals, they breathe, drink, and hunt to survive, they're not out to get us like many people say. I have my own python and he is a blessing. I currently go to Mcguire Middle Shool, going into 8th grade next year. I am a straight "A" Student. I play the Baritone Saxophone in the Band and the Jazz band, the instrument weighs 50 pounds but I still carry it to and from school. I can drive a Bobcat and operate it and use it to clean out stalls and stuff like that, I can also drive a truck, tractor, mower, car, 4-wheeler, RV, and so on, but of course a horse at best! I am a white belt in Kung-Fu, My sister and I just started and we are hoping to get to black belts.
    That's a little bit about me!
    I'm no girly-girl, I'm a farm girl!

Myself ( new picture)

That pic of me didn't really turn out, here's a different one

BoaLover11 - Awesome!

BoaLover11 you are AWESOME! How man snakes do you have?? Do you have a blood python??? Your ball python is so cute! I have one too

My snake

For BoaLover11 here is a picture of my little python!

just bumping this thread up, been wonderful to meet you all and see you all, keep them coming please.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

To sparks19-Tanya and kittycat delight-Michelle,
    Congrats on losing lots of weight. You both look fantastic and no doubt it's healthier not to be very overweight. I know how difficult it is to lose weight and keep it off. Good Luck! Enjoy your life... Kay in NC