Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Post a pic of yourself and tell us about yourself

Post a pic of yourself and tell us about yourself

It has been some time since we did this, so thought i would start a thread, be lovely to put faces to names if you wish to share and a little about yourself. i will start.

My user name is my real name and i live in New Zealand, have been on PT for Ten years and a lot of you will know me, but for those who don't , i am proud to say i am the ONLY New Zealander here aka (KIWI), Some have joined but alas have left, but still it makes me feel kind of special.

I am 55 years old, live in Hamilton City,married and have two children, daughter who is 20 and son who is 31.
    Owned by two gorgeous furbabies, my kitties Lexie and Nikkita, i started off with one kitty, went to four and sadly have lost two of my babies to renal failure and cancer.

This pic was taken in FEB 2013 at one of my favourite places, The camelia Tea house , a tea plantation on the outskirts of my city.

Looking forward to seeing you all .

Not sure how to delete pics, ONE is a bit blurry so added the better pic afterwards lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	me at camelia tea house 2012.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	56521   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	me at camelia tea house feb 7th 2013.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	56520  
    Last edited by carole; 06-05-2013 at 06:21 PM.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Aww, good to see you! I'll have to dig up a more recent picture of myself!
    I've Been Frosted

yes please do, come on everyone waiting to see you all.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I'll join in.

My name is Court, and I am 21... born and raised in Arkansas. Aside from my silly accent, I don't fit in around these parts. My main goal right now is to move far far away. I found out that college wasn't right for me, but I still love studying osteology --rearticulation being my favorite passtime.

I am owned by one dog (Towser), three cats (Khaith, Martha, & Adelaide), two birds (Don & Gir), one rat (Wilhelm), and a big fish named Waldo.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

lovely to see you court and meet you,thanks for stopping by.
    Furangels only lent.

Gosh i cannot believe no -one wants to share, when we did this last time so many did, come on don't be shy ,would love to see my PT friends.
    Furangels only lent.

I will when I get a chance, the most recent picture of me was taken by a 4-year-old, so is not in focus, and cuts off the top of my head ... we are doing a directory at church, and I told him he could take my picture if he let me take his!
    I've Been Frosted

oh i am counting on you Karen, but where is everyone else, they all gone shy on me
    Furangels only lent.

Nice to meet all of you! I guess I'll share
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	418856_10151224161766756_734179745_n.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	56531Click image for larger version. 

Name:	575636_10151660558881756_2052686563_n.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	56532
    This is one of me hanging out with some seals at Georgia Aquarium and another one of me after hiking Bear Mountain.

I am not a very interesting person but here it goes.

My name is Alyssa (nickname Alysser, at least within my family!) and I am 20 years old. I am a full-time college student at a local community college studying Science right now but when I transfer my major will be Natural Resources with a concentration in Wildlife and Fishery Conservation. I would really like to get a Masters in Wildlife Biology or something similar but that's a little bit down the road. I want to work for the Department of Agriculture, Department of the Interior (National Park System), and/or own a sustainable Aquaculture farm. Preferably both with a small Aquaculture (fish farming business) on the side! I'd love to do research on Birds, particularly Raptors. I tend to like Geology and Hydrology too, hence the reason I decided on a broader major. Anyway, I love everything to do with the outdoors from Hiking to Mountain Biking. I am usually open to any outdoor activities. I love biking of any kind, but mostly trail or mountain biking! I had open heart surgery when I was 5 years old, so I tend to have a tougher time with actual team sports, unfortunately. Otherwise though, I really enjoy staying in shape and working out. I love travel, especially visiting Parks, Wildlife Management Areas, and things nature related that I've never been to before. I read field guides all the time for fun...I have no life.

I love my job, I work for a local Nature Center teaching school groups and the general public about the nature here in New Jersey and the park that the center is in.

I absolutely adore Star Trek, particularly the Original Series, but I like The Next Generation too. I like Star Wars alot too...

That's about it, I am pretty boring overall.

YOU are NOT at all BORING, and what a pretty girl you are, thanks for sharing.
    Furangels only lent.

My "real" name is Michele, my user name (Trinity) is the name I use in the historical re-enacting world. Married for just over 18 years, a herd of 9 cats in the house, and at least another 3-4 "strays" that wander into/thru the backyard and one that resides in the garage. My husband and I started out doing medieval re-enacting and we time travelled into the era of the US Civil War which is a total blast. We play both sides, depending on which side needs people at any event. My favorite is putting on the dress and the hoops and everything that goes with it! Even the corset isn't all that bad. The picture was taken last weekend, the dress was my Gettysburg project as I wanted something a little snazzier for the 150th Anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg which takes place this July...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Name:	us at vogel 25th anniversary.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	56536

As most of you know, I am Maggie; this is a picture of my husband and myself taken this spring. I am (today) 53 years old, have been married 31 years and at the same company for 24. My current position is customer service supervisor.

We have one kitty, our Princess Pinot, who as you also know is SIX. My husband and I love to travel, have been many places in the world, as well as camping all over the States, and look forward to much more. We are active in our church (Presbyterian), both are involved with music (I sing in a choir and dabble in some instruments; Coop plays trumpet and guitar), we're blessed to live in a beautiful spot with the state forest as a backyard (where we see all manner of wildlife often), we enjoy visiting wineries and savoring the wine, good food, and we have a good life.

This is our newest camper.

Name:	Campy III.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	160.6 KB 
ID:	56537

I suppose that's it for the moment. Nice to find out more about everyone!

http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Wow what interesting lives you all lead,so lovely to meet you all,thanks for participating.
    Furangels only lent.

As Promised

Here's a picture of me, we were at the Broadmoor Audobon Society sanctuary, so I asked Paul to take a picture.

It is typical me - and you can see how my hair looks reddish in the sunlight, but it actually is brown like you see on the other side of my head!

Paul and I are the founders of this website, and it's been going for many years, and then we started Pet Talk a few years later, and the rest is history! My hair generally does something different every day, in the next picture (that I didn't upload) it's what my sister and I call "Agghh Dad hair - when it goes straight up from my forehead for an inch and then goes left.

Resident of Massachusetts since birth, now living in Waltham, one town up north of Newton where we lived for many years. My degree is in Illustration, and Paul and I make websites for clients as well as doing this site. And as many know, I host and co-host a radio show for All Paws Pet Talk as well! Lifelong musician (born into it), I sing in the choir, currently tenor but can do soprano or alto as well, and play in the handbell choir.
    I've Been Frosted

This isn't that recent but close enough, I look the same haha.

I'm Bri as most of you know. Ex-college student, currently working as a caregiver and eventually going to nursing school. I am owned by Brennan, Jake, Snow, Lily, Domino, Tallulah, Hershey, Fred, and Rosie. Quite the zoo haha.

I live in good ol' East Tennessee and yep, I have a southern accent. I have an awesome boyfriend named Michael and that's pretty much it.

Entertaining, huh