Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *sigh* 6/13 UPDATE

*sigh* 6/13 UPDATE

This beautiful creature is 15 years old and his family wants to "get rid" of him because they're moving to a place that doesn't take pets. This poor old man is 15 for God's sake!!! This just angers me beyond SO many levels. I'm just glad he'll be in a loving home rather than, well, you can imagine what COULD'VE happened.

Well, to make a long story short, he's coming home with me tomorrow. The owners live right around the corner from where I'm pet sitting. So I'll pick him up on my way home. My friend Linda also offered to take him so he very well might be at her home. It's a win win situation.

Attachment 56513

His name is Silvester. But I'm gonna call him Silly.
    Last edited by moosmom; 06-13-2013 at 12:37 PM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I just don't understand how people can leave a cat behind, one they had for so many years. Outrageous!!

He looks like a gorgeous boy. So glad you are able to take him,

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Donna, I am SO glad you are rescuing him. That kind of story breaks my heart. God bless you and Silly and your friend Linda.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

He sure is a handsome blue boy. Thanks so much for being able to help him in his time of need. I'll never understand people like this either. They make my blood boil.

OMC! He looks like my cat and they are close in age! He's beautiful! ((((HUGS)))) Moosmom, you are amazing!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=18675420
    Silvester Silly, this is for you and Moosmom

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Aw thanks everybody. I'm going to get him around 6:30 and bring him back to my house. He'll be there till Satuday then my friend Linda will take him. Glad I could help.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Bless you Donna! What is wrong with people? He looks like my Missy who is 13 1/2 and I couldn't imagine dumping her.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

The woman in the apartment next to mine has the sweetest, most loving, ktty girl you have ever seen. She moved this weekend and told me that "I'm taking my cat, too". I looked at her like "Well I sincerely hope so!"
    I guess she is used to seeing people move and leave their furbabies behind. I've NEVER understood that! I adopted Kimba after someone "left him behind" and I've never regretted it for an instant. What is wrong with some people?
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    Aw thanks everybody. I'm going to get him around 6:30 and bring him back to my house. He'll be there till Satuday then my friend Linda will take him. Glad I could help.
    How did it go, Moosmom? Is he with your bunch now? He reminds me of Cassie

What a handsome kitty!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Actually, Elyse, he is now living with my friend Linda and doing FABULOUSLY!!!!

Now for a drum roll please!!!....

I got an email about a 20 year old Russian Blue named Max, who was dumped at a high kill shelter in NYC. I responded to the person who sent the email (Dr. Carol Tavani) and told her to call me. I will take him, if and only if no one locally shows an interest in adopting him, he is in danger of being killed and a transport can be arranged. I'm officially changing my status to "certifiable".

Attachment 56570

Stay tuned!!!

What a sweet-looking senior kitizen. He looks a little thin. Has he had his thyroid checked? I hope he finds his furrever home, maybe it will be with you!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Max went to a home in NY. Which is actually better for him. Mayor's Alliance has a van that transports death row kitties to their new homes. Unfortunately, it would've required him to be in a cardboard carrier in a cage in back of the van. He never would've survived. Still a happy ending. I'm having litterbox issues here so I guess it's time to stop for now.

Do you know if Max survived the trip to his new home, Donna?

I hope your litterbox issues can be resolved soon without too much trouble!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery