Thread: Nail Caps = <3

Nail Caps = <3

I just wanted to share...Kyubey has developed a habit of scratching the base of the stairs in our condo. Since we're planning on selling the condo within a year, we can't have the carpet shredded!

I picked up two new cat scratchers AND a sisal rug to put where he likes to scratch, but he just moved and scratched NEXT TO THE RUG! Gah! He does like the cat trees, but not well enough to give up on that spot by the stairs. So I got a Sscat, and some deterrent...and I hate seeing him scared by the Ssscat...and the deterrent is not working.

Soooo, I decided to give SoftClaws a try, and I'm in love. He licked his feet for about 30 seconds after I out them on, and then forgot about them! He still makes scratching motions on the stairs, but the caps are blunt enough that they don't sink into the carpet.

Has anyone else tried these? I think next time I'm going to get them in a stylish color so I can tell when they fall off! Hopefully our new place will have hardwood floors so the carpet thing won't be an issue at all, but in the meantime we're all happy with the caps!

So glad they are such a success! I know there are others on Pet Talk who have used them!
    I've Been Frosted

Ihave never tried them as My Found Hotel Cats would never stand for them, and I would be all scratched up!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

One of the adoption counselors at ARF recommends them a lot. We even sell them in the store. I would think the hardest part would be to get them on! But I guess you could take them to the vet or groomer to have them put them on for you if you can't do it. Obviously, you didn't have a problem getting them on Kyubey, so that's great!
    I might consider them for Jax. He is a scratcher too! He scratches on Bruce's music equipment and we've used the sticky sheets which work well too.

I think we need to see pictures of Kyubey with his new nails.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I haven't used them on Fister, although years ago I wanted to - but then, I learned how to clip his nails. Before that, I probably wouldn't have been able to get them on him, anyway.

I don't know if they're any good or not, there maybe different kinds. I say try it!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I have to agree... they are a success... if you can stay on top of replacing them when they fall off! x_X

They were SO helpful with our boy who was not being destructive with clawing and scratching but, rather, he would scratch things just in the normal passing of being a cat... jumping, walking, etc.

facebook