Thread: Indoor cat jumped off two story balcony and hasn't been seen since.

Indoor cat jumped off two story balcony and hasn't been seen since.

She accidentally escaped Friday night and was gone for about an hour before we noticed. We searched the bushes around the block immediately but didn't find her. Since then I've been doing searches every evening and morning, sometimes as early as 4:30am when things are quiet. We live in the city so I've been looking in all bushes around buildings, under cars, in corners, under porches... etc. At that early in the morning I can also search some of the more private backyards of other houses without being detected. I've looked within a 2 block radius so far. But I heard that it is unlikely for cats to travel far from where they escaped from so I've been concentrating more nearby.

She's a very curious cat and has always tried to get outside. She's escaped before from our old house, but in that situation she had a door to run home to. Now that we live on a second floor apartment there is no doorway for her to find again.

There are raccoons in the area, I've found at least one every time I do a large search. I'm worried she might have run away far to avoid the nearby raccoons.

We also put her cat litter on the balcony and sprinkled some around the bushes underneath in hopes that she will find the place again through her own scent if she is lost and disorientated.

We have had no luck, its been about two days now. Is there anything else we can do?

Definitely put flyers up around the neighborhood, and contact Animal Control for your city, and any nearby veterinarians in case someone found her and took her there! Keep looking, and don't give up!

You and she will be in our prayers. In the flyer, ask people to check any sheds or garages in case she accidentally got shut into one!
    I've Been Frosted

We are saying our prayers that your cat comes home safe and sound.

Put flyers EVERYWHERE around, telephone poles, nearby stores and other businesses and services if they'll allow, talk to neighbors, local animal shelters, Animal Control and nearby veterinarians as Karen suggested. And don't give up hope.

Keeping all fingers and paw pads crossed here.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Look in every singal nook and cranny of the perimeter of the place. I know this sounds gross, but pee in a cup, put it in a squirt bottle and spray the outside perimeter of your house. It works. Cats have awesome sense of smell.

She also might be hurt. Check the bushes. go around the neighborhood and ask the neighbors to check any decks, storage sheds.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers for him to come back. One last ditch effort is to go around shaking a treat back. Food is a great motivator.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Can you contact the people where you used to live? Kitty might try and go back to the old home.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    Can you contact the people where you used to live? Kitty might try and go back to the old home.
    Oh, that's a REAL good idea. Do get in touch with them if you possibly can.

Continuing prayers and good wishes for Kitty's safe return home.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery