Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Introducing Bentley & Levi!!!

Thanks again everyone. Both of them are sweethearts and they're all over me purring away every time I go into the cat room. I couldn't have asked for two sweeter cats. I really don't know what their foster mom's secret is but every cat that I've adopted from her is such a sweet heart. My co-worker and her daughter also adopted 2 cats from her and they're also very sweet.

I received their medical records today by e-mail and I learned some very interesting news. Bentley is Radar's brother!!! His foster mom forgot to mention this to me. I knew that he had 2 tuxedo brothers that got adopted together as young kittens so I thought that they were his only brothers. So Bentley's birthday is on March 27, 2012 just like Radar's. Levi is actually older than I thought he was. His birthday is on June 28, 2012 so we'll be celebrating his 1st birthday soon.

I really do think that my Storm sent Levi to me and some how Radar's brother was also meant to be in my home. I feel very blessed and lucky right now.

Oh, isn't that wonderful, Tracey!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Two gorgeous boys! I can see Levi's resemblance with Storm, and how funny that Bentley is Rador's brother. It will be interesting to see how they get along. I hope the introduction will be smooth.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Congratulations on the two new additions!
    Bentley is a handsome Tuxy and Levi does look a lot like Storm.
    That is cool that Bentley is Radar's brother. I also love their names.
    Isn't it nice to have some cats that aren't orange for a change? It is easy to tell them apart.
    I hope the introductions go well with the other cats.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Truth is sometimes stranger than fiction, isn't it? Radar's bro. Who woulda guessed?
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Thanks again everyone. I've been letting Bentley and Levi out of the cat room in the morning before work for a bit and then in the evening after work for a bit. It's so funny to watch Colby desperately trying to make friends. He follows Bentley much too closely and almost always gets hissed at. Tonight though, he and Bentley touched noses without any hissing. Finnegan squeals with delight when he sees the new boys. He seems to think that all cats are going to like him right away just like Colby, Radar, Reece, and Rory did. Levi won't even walk around. He'll just sit in one spot. I've been putting him up in one of the cat trees so he can observe everything and everyone. He never hisses or growls. Tonight he just sat in the hall way for a bit and then he wanted to go back into the cat room. Now he's hiding under one of the cat condos way back in the farthest corner of the room. He's much shyer than I thought he was. I've never really had a cat that was this shy before and that didn't want to go around exploring and sniffing etc. I'm not quite sure how to introduce Levi to my other cats. When I put Sky in the cat room, Levi seemed very scared of Sky. Bentley just hissed at him. Any suggestions are welcome.

Some cats are just not social with other cats. Mac has never really bonded with any of my other cats. People, yes, he's a primo lap cat and a sweet baby. Other cats, nope. He avoids them or growls at them every chance he gets. Levi will eventually adjust, they all do in a household where there is enough love to go around. Still, he may always be a loner and never really be friendly with the others. As long as he's friendly to you, just accept that he is not sociable with other cats and enjoy the love he gives you.

Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    Some cats are just not social with other cats. Mac has never really bonded with any of my other cats. People, yes, he's a primo lap cat and a sweet baby. Other cats, nope. He avoids them or growls at them every chance he gets. Levi will eventually adjust, they all do in a household where there is enough love to go around. Still, he may always be a loner and never really be friendly with the others. As long as he's friendly to you, just accept that he is not sociable with other cats and enjoy the love he gives you.
    It isn't that he doesn't like or isn't social with other cats because his foster mom said that he is. He's just going to take a bit longer to adjust to my home and come out of his shell. He basically grew up in his foster moms home so it'll take him some time to adjust to my home. His foster mom suggested that I sit with him on my lap out in the main area so he can used to being out there and then he has the comfort of still being with me. I'll try this tonight. She also suggested putting up a baby gate in the entrance of he cat room, but then I'm afraid that he'd start hiding under the bed because my other cats would jump over the baby gate. I also have a cage that I've used in the past for my cats that were recovering from surgery. I really don't want drag this out unless I have to. I know he'll come around. He'll just take a little longer than I'm used to. Bentley is almost ready to be out with my other cats all of the time. He was much more comfortable this morning and so were they. Please wish me luck.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    It isn't that he doesn't like or isn't social with other cats because his foster mom said that he is. He's just going to take a bit longer to adjust to my home and come out of his shell. He basically grew up in his foster moms home so it'll take him some time to adjust to my home. His foster mom suggested that I sit with him on my lap out in the main area so he can used to being out there and then he has the comfort of still being with me. I'll try this tonight. She also suggested putting up a baby gate in the entrance of he cat room, but then I'm afraid that he'd start hiding under the bed because my other cats would jump over the baby gate. I also have a cage that I've used in the past for my cats that were recovering from surgery. I really don't want drag this out unless I have to. I know he'll come around. He'll just take a little longer than I'm used to. Bentley is almost ready to be out with my other cats all of the time. He was much more comfortable this morning and so were they. Please wish me luck.

Bentley & Levi are both very handsome boys. Sounds like the intros are going fine so far. I tend to agree with your opinions on Levi. From what I've read here
    so far, Levi seems like the kind to take his time with new things & new cats. He looks like a real sweetie in his pictures.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Introduction Update

Things went very well tonight with both boys. I was able to buy 2 feliway plugins on my way home from work. I also had Levi on my lap for at least 10 minutes before he decided to jump down an explore. He really came out of his shell tonight. I don't know if the feliway helped everyone but it sure didn't hurt having it. After seeing both new cats relaxed and enjoying themselves, I know that things are going to work out great.

Good to hear things are going well! You're gonna need a new siggy again!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    Good to hear things are going well! You're gonna need a new siggy again!
    Thanks. Yes, I know.

I am so happy Levi came out of his shell! I just had to break up another hissing contest between Mac and Kimba. That gets old. Levi sounds like he is going to do just fine!

Things went very well tonight with both boys. I was able to buy 2 feliway plugins on my way home from work. I also had Levi on my lap for at least 10 minutes before he decided to jump down an explore. He really came out of his shell tonight. I don't know if the feliway helped everyone but it sure didn't hurt having it. After seeing both new cats relaxed and enjoying themselves, I know that things are going to work out great.
    That is awesome!! I can't even get two cats to get along and you've got............12?? Yes, I am jealous, just a little.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Yay yay yay! This is very good to hear!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678