Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Introducing Bentley & Levi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    That is awesome!! I can't even get two cats to get along and you've got............12?? Yes, I am jealous, just a little.
    Thanks. I haven't even bothered to introduce them to my girls. Ziggy has seen Bentley for a little bit while she was out with the others waiting to be fed. My girls prefer to spend most of their time in my bedroom these days. Pearl lives in my bedroom. That would both prefer to be only cats so being in my bedroom is the best option/solution for them. It's also my cat sanctuary for my 3 oldest cats which includes Sky too.

Thanks again everyone. Tonight both boys were reluctant to go back into the cat room for the night so they are so much more comfortable now.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    Tonight both boys were reluctant to go back into the cat room for the night so they are so much more comfortable now.
    Yay, yay! Welcome home, Levi and Bentley!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Welcome to PT, Levi and Bentley! You both sure knew what you were doing when you chose your Meowmie!!! You couldn't have made a better choice.

Groucho sends each of you purrs of welcome. He also said to remind you to give your cell phone numbers to the other kitties. That's how we let everyone know of our planned shenanigans.

Lots of welcome lovies coming your way!!!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Thanks again everyone. Things are continuing to go well. Bentley and Levi have been out with my other cats since Sat. morning. The cat room is now open to everyone. I took a few pictures before my batteries died but I haven't been able to resize them yet. I'll post them when I get a chance.

How do you do it? I only have two and they can barely be in the same room together without having a growling, hissing match. Of course, they used to have fur-flying fights, so I guess we've made a little progress. Heck, it's only been a little over 2 years.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    How do you do it? I only have two and they can barely be in the same room together without having a growling, hissing match. Of course, they used to have fur-flying fights, so I guess we've made a little progress. Heck, it's only been a little over 2 years.
    Well I've been very lucky in that my male cats are used to being around other cats. They also have fairly mellow personalities. If I had several alpha males in the group then things would never work out. You may be dealing with two alpha male cats so this is why you're still having problems. Also yours aren't the same age. Most of mine are very close in age so they have the same playful energy level which helps a lot. Sky does get tired of hanging out with them and then he wants to go back in my room for his quiet time. I feel that it's very important to have a space or a room where the older cats can go to get away from their younger brothers or sisters. I do still have some hissing or spats from time to time but it's nothing major. Now put my females in with the males and it's a whole different story. Fighting, hissing, growling always happens. Ziggy will growl or hiss if one of her younger brothers even looks at her from across the room.

I do think they are both alpha males, but the older one doesn't try to get away from the younger one at all! It's the youngster (Kimba) who needs a place to get away from Mac (the geezer). Luckily, a neighbor in my building was moving and gave me a 5 ft. tall cat tree she was going to throw out. Kimba is often on the very top tier or in the bottom cubby hiding from Mac. Mac knows no age limits. He's about 15, has hyperthyroid, and still runs, jumps, plays, etc... with the best of the youngsters. His meds have really made a difference in how he acts. Kimba is sweet, but at times naughty, 2yo who loves nothing better sometimes than to annoy Mac. I'm glad that all of yours are so mellow. Sometimes I envy you for all the beautiful, handsome, furbabies you have.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    Thanks again everyone. Things are continuing to go well. Bentley and Levi have been out with my other cats since Sat. morning. The cat room is now open to everyone. I took a few pictures before my batteries died but I haven't been able to resize them yet. I'll post them when I get a chance.
    Hello again, KAK kitties! I was just thinking of all of you this morning I am glad everything is continuing to go well! Cassie and I are sending you about elebenty zillion pets, hugs, snuggles, head bumpies, kisses and nose rubs.

Your fan,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Hello again, KAK kitties! I was just thinking of all of you this morning I am glad everything is continuing to go well! Cassie and I are sending you about elebenty zillion pets, hugs, snuggles, head bumpies, kisses and nose rubs.

Your fan,
    Elyse
    Thanks Elyse. Things are still going well. I can tell that Bentley and Levi love their new home. Radar now likes his brother Bentley and I've seen them playing chase with each other. Finnegan has also been playing with them. I hope to be able to take some better pictures this weekend of them interacting with their new brothers. Stay tuned.

That is so great! I can just see them all playing together and having fun! Can't wait for the pics!

Both kitties are just gorgeous. Congrats!

What wonderful new family members you have!!! So sorry to be so late with the Congratulations. I've not been on Pet Talk much because I've been under the weather for a while. They are both gorgeous!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks again everyone. They both now act like they've lived with me for years. I did take some more pictures of them but I just need to resize them first. I hope to be able to show you soon.