Thread: Seneca Lee

Seneca Lee

It's no wonder that Seneca Lee stuck with you and slept on your bed every night. She felt the love that exuded from you to her. I felt it even as I read your story of this wonderful pup. I commend you and say God bless you for coming home from college to be with Seneca Lee as she embarked on her journey to the Rainbow Bridge. That was so very meaningful for her. I have not read a more moving story in quite a long time...this one got to me. Maybe that's partly because I've sent several "loves of my life" to the Rainbow Bridge and maybe it partly because I currently have a two year old Boxer-Pitt mix with the same basic coloration a Seneca Lee. He also exhibits many of the same traits that you assign to your loving pup. He loves everyone and almost everything. He is the most gentlemanly dog I have ever seen. He treats his sisters like real ladies and defers to them in everything. Even the postman that delivers our mail stops once in a while to play with him and his two older sisters that are of vastly different lineage. I am certain that you are a fine young man. Just remember, Seneca Lee will live in your heart forever. I am glad that you took the opportunity to pay tribute to her in this forum. Some day, perhaps after college, when you're established in your career, the greatest tribute that you could then pay to the lovely Seneca Lee would be to give another pup the same kind of life and love and you gave to her. There's plenty of room in your heart for the love of another pup without displacing Seneca Lee. The heart's capacity for love is infinite. Me and mine wish you all the best in your life.
    Our pets reflect our outlooks and attitudes.

You were a very pretty girl Seneca Lee! It sounds like you had a good life and not only were very loved but also loved your human very much.
    I hope this is a special day for your human seeing you honored as our DOTD!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Thanks everyone! This is a very special day indeed! When I received the email that she would be the Dog of the day, I was in the middle of a presentation and had to excuse myself for a second. Again, thanks for your replies! They mean a lot to me and my family!

Fur angel Seneca Lee~

To Seneca's Dad~

Tears fell as I read your beautifully written, heartfelt tribute to your precious Seneca Lee, a gentle soul, a beautiful girl in body and in spirit. What a very special best friend you had in her those many years, and she in you. It's my dream that all kids should grow up with a best furry friend, an animal companion, as special as Seneca, to know their unconditional love and unshakable devotion,and in Seneca you were given the best.

God bless you for coming home from college when her time came to leave for the Rainbow Bridge, to be there by her side, perhaps on that bed you two shared for so many nights, holding her gently as she took her final breath and earned her angel wings. She left this earthy life where she began it, in her own home, surrounded by family with her heart full of love, a lifetime of love provided by you, a love that will comfort her until that day that you and she are together again.

As has been said you are surely a fine young man, and I too hope that one day, when the time is right, you might open up your heart once again to another deserving doggie. You have so much love to give.
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful girl with us, her story and so many precious photographs, giving us the chance to honor her and pay tribute to all that you and she meant to one another. I hope seeing her being memorialized here today brings a small amount of comfort to you. She was truly one in a million, a Dog of a Lifetime. God bless you, beautiful Seneca Lee and Dad.

Love,
    Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Seneca Lee

What a beautiful and moving tribute to your Seneca Lee. Any words from me could never match the
    loving words of tribute to a very old & dear friend.I am glad to know that you two stayed together and
    weathered health scares & youthful antics and emerged stronger than ever. Thank you so much for sharing
    this darling girl with everyone today. Seneca is very deserving of honor as DOG OF THE DAY.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt