Thread: #535, Beach Trip Thursday.

#535, Beach Trip Thursday.

Time to pack up the stuff and go to the beach.
    Name:  13533845-a-view-of-a-wedding-tent-on-a-beach-in-maldives.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  22.9 KB

A day on the warm sand with a cool breeze is what is called for.

--------

I just have to forget the storms that are braeking out all over the place.

How's about some salami sandwiches - olives, pickles, onions on a hard roll with a spicy mustard, mayo or oil and vinegar.........some sliced fruit on the side and rum punch?

We'll do a seafood bake when the sun goes down and finish it off with a S'more?

Done!
    Last edited by RICHARD; 05-30-2013 at 12:15 PM. Reason: speelling :0

Oh boy, I am hoping for a trip to the beach in Indiana or Michigan later this year. Today would be a good day to fly a kite on the beach, because it's super windy. I'll pass on the rum punch for now, but I've made iced tea if anyone would like some w ith me.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I'll have an iced tea, please and thank you. It's raining here today. Wishing I was on the beach, sun shining, palm trees rustling in the breeze......
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Welll, being that I just spent the bulk of the afternoon filing and wading through VA paperwork, I'll join you on the beach.

My former commander has a whiteboard in his office with "Where's your happy place" written at the top. His illustration of his happy place was a palm shaded beach.

I'll have one o' them sammiches with everything, please, and did someone bring the seement mixer for the slushies?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Six weeks to Negril, Jamaica!
    I'll practice with a frozen rum drink, please, with some of that fresh seafood!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/be...h-Jamaica.html
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    Six weeks to Negril, Jamaica!
    I'll practice with a frozen rum drink, please, with some of that fresh seafood!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/be...h-Jamaica.html
    One frozen rum punch and a seafood platter!
    Done!

LH,

An everything sandwich and a ceement mixt slushie!

Done!

QoP,

Ice tea and hot sand?
    DONE!

CM,
    A long kite line and an Ice Tea!

DONE!

Hot here, and sunny - a breezy beach would be nice, but I burn so badly, I'd have to pack my 100spf sunscreen! And not forget my forehead - I tend to count on my bangs to shade my forehead, but any wind and they are blown back!

Watermelon!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Hot here, and sunny - a breezy beach would be nice, but I burn so badly, I'd have to pack my 100spf sunscreen! And not forget my forehead - I tend to count on my bangs to shade my forehead, but any wind and they are blown back!

Watermelon!
    I bought a seedless model a few days ago and it's pretty good.

Watermelons make me think of my dad.

He'd always take the end off, it make a great bowl, then squeeze some lemon or lime on it, a pinch of salt, a spoon and a seat on the back stoop and go for it!!

--------------

I think the Super Giant Beach Umbrella and Cyber Sun, will let you enjoy the day............but you'll have to reapply the sunscreen after a swim and wait at least 30 minutes after eating before your dip!

DONE!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I bought a seedless model a few days ago and it's pretty good.

Watermelons make me think of my dad.

He'd always take the end off, it make a great bowl, then squeeze some lemon or lime on it, a pinch of salt, a spoon and a seat on the back stoop and go for it!!

--------------

I think the Super Giant Beach Umbrella and Cyber Sun, will let you enjoy the day............but you'll have to reapply the sunscreen after a swim and wait at least 30 minutes after eating before your dip!

DONE!

I always wonder how they grow seedless watermelons - except for the fact that there are often a few seeds in one, but are they hybrids that wouldn't grow true if you planted one, I wonder! And how does one have seed-spitting contests with a seedless melon?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I always wonder how they grow seedless watermelons - except for the fact that there are often a few seeds in one, but are they hybrids that wouldn't grow true if you planted one, I wonder! And how does one have seed-spitting contests with a seedless melon?
    I think it turns into a 'juice dribbling' competition?

I have half a WM in the fridge, time to turn it into a fruit salad.

I am taking suggestions for the ingredients.

Grapes, blueberries, strawberries, kiwis (the fruit, not the bird!!!), bananas and OJ (to keep the bananas from turning to brown mush)
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Grapes, blueberries, strawberries, kiwis (the fruit, not the bird!!!), bananas and OJ (to keep the bananas from turning to brown mush)
    Done!

------------

I think some hot dogs or brats - yes I know what they are made of - sound good too!

Mustard potato salad?
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Done!

------------

I think some hot dogs or brats - yes I know what they are made of - sound good too!

Mustard potato salad?
    Funny, we just tossed a batch of 'tater salad in the fridge. Dogs and Brats sound good, too, along with some cold beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Funny, we just tossed a batch of 'tater salad in the fridge. Dogs and Brats sound good, too, along with some cold beer.
    I couldn't help it, I was walking by the window and happened to look in...

Some cold beer?

Done!