Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ask a Vet!

Quote Originally Posted by god_heals View Post
    What is the best holistic food for my pit/lab? I was thinking about Blue but I read you should ask a vet to see what is best for the breed. Also if they know what would be the best percentages (protein, fat, fiber) to make a rat food mix. I work at that time. Is there a way I can still listen later?
    I can email you the audio files once I get them, okay? And how old's your dog - full grown or a pup?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I can email you the audio files once I get them, okay? And how old's your dog - full grown or a pup?
    That would be great! She is 1 year and 2 months.

Great, I got long, complicated answers (as in - too much for this brain to remember and type out accurately) to both questions, so will email them to you once I get them.

Traci, the vets said the reaction to the wet food sounds like a food allergy, and nothing to do with whether the food is wet or dry ... again, a long answer, but I'll email you the file.

As for the chewing of cardboard, they talked about it maybe being a soothing thing to do, like some people chew gum ... you'll hear it!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Great, I got long, complicated answers (as in - too much for this brain to remember and type out accurately) to both questions, so will email them to you once I get them.

Traci, the vets said the reaction to the wet food sounds like a food allergy, and nothing to do with whether the food is wet or dry ... again, a long answer, but I'll email you the file.

As for the chewing of cardboard, they talked about it maybe being a soothing thing to do, like some people chew gum ... you'll hear it!
    Thanks Karen.

Any questions for this week's Ask the Vets? It will be Thursday afternoon at 2 Eastern, so questions before then would be good!
    I've Been Frosted

Bumpity!

This week will have Dr. Kanfer - a long-time experienced veterinarian from Florida, and Dr. Cathy from the midwest who has plenty of horse and livestock experience, and is very into nutrition issues with pets.
    I've Been Frosted