I had a special outing that I thought others may enjoy hearing about...

On May 19 my dad picked me up and took me to Jungle Cat World as my birthday present (May 25). I've never been before and I was so excited to go that I woke up at 3:30am that morning and couldn't go back to sleep because I was so excited. It was a wonderful day and I got to go on a feeding tour and watch them feed some of the big cats. But they had so much more than just jungle cats...I saw lions, tigers, cougar, black jaguar, leopards, hyena, silver and red fox, arctic and timber wolves, a kangaroo, llama, peacocks and geese, lemurs and monkeys, and a cute fennec fox sleeping next to a teddy bear. I did take lots of pictures but most of them weren't very good. It's hard to take good pictures of the cats behind a fence. If only that fence wasn't there I would have lots of good pictures-but it's also possible that I might be on the menu if there was no fence!

The arctic wolf seemed quite friendly. He/she came up to the fence when people came by. I howled at him but he didn't howl back. My dad says that they only howl at night.

There was this very maternal Canada goose who was busy feathering her nest around her eggs. Her mate kept hissing and growling at me when I was taking a picture. I also got a good picture of a llama with very bad teeth and a goat. They were free-roaming and not caged in. I also saw a peacock splay his tail feathers and chase away a little sparrow and then a goose. I think he has some territorial issues.

The zoo also had other programs where you could spend the night and they would take you on a tour of the nocturnal animals when they are active. And you could go out at night to the wolf tower and howl to the wolves and they would howl back. That sounds fun! And they also have another program with a pretty price where you can interact with some of the animals (like pet the wolves, hug and kiss a tiger cub, hand-feed the lumurs and have them jump on you). I would love to do that one day!

I had a very good time and I hope I can go back again sometime...