Thread: Ethan...

Ethan...

I have been really torn up about this and haven't been able to bring myself to write up a proper memorial, but I know you guys should know that Ethan lost his battle with the illnesses he has been fighting for over 1 1/2 months. Here is what I posted on facebook on monday morning...

Just before 11:40 last night Ethan passed away. He fought a good, long fight for over a month and a half against an illness that simply ended up being too much for him. A lot of people have questioned if a dog is worth all the money and all the sleepless nights. Now that its all over, I can safely say I have no regrets. I know we did everything we could for him and exhausted our efforts to try to get him well again. Yesterday he finally got that look in his eyes that I had been dreading to see. He had just had enough and his body couldn't fight it any more. He was tired and I had made the decision to have him put to sleep the next morning. He went suddenly in the middle of the night, but I was right by his side like I have been for the past 8 1/2 years. He passed away in the comfort of our home and he wasn't alone, and that means a lot to me. I know a lot of people don't comprehend the love I have for this dog. Its something I just can't explain. He came to us a frightened, broken dog. We taught him how to be loved, that not every person is going to abuse him. Before we adopted him, so many people had given up on him... but we just couldn't. I think he knew that and he became one of the most loyal dogs. He was difficult at times, but I wouldn't trade a single second of my time with him for the world. I am so lucky to have had such a great dog in my life that taught me so much. Things just won't be the same without him.

11/14/2003 - 5/26/2013
    Weeks ago an xray showed calcification around his aorta, and it was only a matter of time. We let the dogs say goodbye to him after he passed. The difference in their reactions was pretty shocking. Sala walked right past his body then went to mom's room to play with her toys. She is seemingly unaffected by his passing. Towser, on the other hand, layed on the blanket with his body and licked his nose once like a final goodbye. When we wrapped Ethan up Towser kept crying and sniffing the blanket. He misses his buddy so much, but is starting to adjust.

I want to write a better memorial when I find the right words. I miss this dog so much, I feel like I have lost my best friend, but I know he is no longer in pain. He is with Frisk and dad and I am the luckiest person to have been blessed with 8 1/2 years with this dog.

Rest easy, Ethan. I love you.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

It is never easy to day goodbye. Clearly Ethan had a wonderful life and a wonderful family. My sincerest sympathy to all - Ethan will be missed.

Sleep sweetly dear Ethan.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

So sorry to hear this. I was actually going to see if I could find your thread with any updates about how he was doing. I'm not sure if I ever replied to it but I was following it and hoping for the best. I love that photo of him, his eyes are beautiful. I know he was so loved and so lucky to have ended up with you. So sorry for your loss. {{Hugs}}

(((HUGS)))) to you, Casper. I am so very sorry to learn this news. We will all get to hug and play with you across the Rainbow Bridge.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I'm so sorry for your loss. You did everything you could and now he's pain free and playing up at Rainbow Bridge. You'll meet again one fine day. RIP sweet Ethan. Please take care. (((HUG)))

Awww, I'm so sorry to hear of Ethan's passing. His little body just wore out. I have been following his progress in
    your thread about his illness & wondered how he was doing. He fought as hard as he could & I'm so sorry that he didn't
    make it.Ethan is at peace now. Bless his heart. He seemed like he was such a sweet boy.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Aww, rest in peace handsome, handsome boy. You were only with us on this Earth for a short time, but you made a big impact with all the love and doggie sweetness you shared with everyone, and that legacy will live on forever and ever.
    I've Been Frosted

I am so sorry. I was also following along hoping I would not see this thread any time soon.

RIP Ethan
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I am so sorry! *hugs* Ethan knew he was loved!
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

So sorry to hear about Ethan. Many ((hugs)) to you and the rest of your furkids. Saying "goodbye for now" is always so very hard.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I'm very sorry for your loss of Ethan. He is still with you, in your heart.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I'm so deeply sorry for your loss. I know the pain, it's unbearable. I feel your pain and I share your grief. Rest in peace, Ethan, sweet boy

I am so very sorry. Rest easy Ethan .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Thank you, everyone. Your kind replies mean so much to me, with each one I read I can't help but cry again. I'm glad you guys realize how special Ethan was. I get an overwhelming feeling of sadness when I arrive home and don't hear him barking. Even at his sickest he would still bark and get up to meet me at the door. When he first got sick and his legs would swell he always tried to come with Towser and I on our daily walk. It broke my heart to have to leave him at home, but a walk would have been too much for him at the time. Before we left I would always promise that as soon as he gets better that he could join us again. I know that he is with us in spirit, but I would give anything to have just one last walk with him.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}