Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to say good bye.........

Time to say good bye.........

My beautiful, nawtee, amazing companion is going to Doggie Heaven today........I can't even process what is about to happen. Malone, you were my first puppy....you have filled our life with a companionship like none other.

A couple of months ago, the vet confirmed that a lump on his penis is cancerous, and it has been growing rapidly. His whole belly and groin area are a mess with open sores that aren't healing and small lumps that are popping up daily. The hard part is that he is still happy go lucky (most days)....it doesn't exactly feel like it is time yet. But I know he is suffering, and I know nothing short of a miracle will heal him. So, my head tells me its time. My heart screams NO! His appointment is in half an hour.......my gut is twisted and being a grown up has never been so hard. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.....

Heartfelt prayers for you both. I am so very sorry.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

I am so very sorry about Malone. I remember him well from the pictures you have shared on PT. His condition sounds
    like it would be painful for him.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

The hardest part of being a pet guardian, making the selfless decision. Sending you prayers for peaceful passing.

{{{hugs}}} You are putting what is best for him first, the most loving and most difficult thing to do.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Here is a picture from yesterday........I want to forever etch this in my memory.....this was a happy day, and a happy time.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Our prayers are with you all in this sad and difficult time. Sending hugs to you all.
    I've Been Frosted

Malone is one of the first dogs I remember when I first joined PT. My eyes are full of tears right now. It's never an easy decision and it's the MOST difficult especially when they seem to be so full of life. But it is definitely the right one.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I am so, so very sorry...

Major LES for you and Malone today. He is such a beautiful boy and I know how empty life will feel without him.

Godspeed dear Malone - please don't forget to visit mom now and then.

Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

I am so sorry to hear about Malone. I understand how hard it is to make the difficult decision to let him go... but you know it is the right thing for him. He will not suffer any more. He sure was a handsome dog. ((Hugs))

I'm so sorry for your loss. Malone was such a handsome boy and he had wonderful life with you and your family. I know how hard of a decision it is but you did the right thing. I also don't like to wait until my animals are so weak or on deaths door to let them go. RIP sweet Malone. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Huge Hugs Hugs to you ............. he was such a sweetheart.
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

I'm very sorry about Malone.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

From Indiana, but now living in Columbia, TN. which is approx.50 miles South of Nashville.

Cookiebaker

I am so sorry for your loss. This was not just a dog...he was a family member. When we adopt an animal we do so knowing their lives are even more temporary than our own...but still we do it. Says a lot about the human/animal bond. You will miss him terribly but carry him in your heart forever. You are in my prayers. Peanut10.

Question, how do I get the emoticons into the text? If I click on the heart I get love. I want the heart. Any advise?