Thread: Lost cat? Never give up... #6 Wrong cat...

Hybrid View

Lost cat? Never give up... #6 Wrong cat...

I don't recall if I posted this here, but two months ago a friend of mine in New West B.C. had her cat run away.

She posted on Craigslist; I put a pic and notice several times on Missing Pets in BC on FB.

She posted yesterday "Sarah came home!!!!" Sarah was half the size she had been (she was a bit of a chunky monkey) and had a limp, but her joyous owner was confident the vet could take care of that. What's more amazing is that my friend had moved from one side of the apartment building on an upper floor to the opposite side on the main floor.

Happy ending! Never give up!
    Last edited by Catty1; 06-02-2013 at 07:06 PM.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

That's wonderful! Welcome HOME, Sarah!!!!!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

How wonderful! I'm sure both of them were overjoyed with her return.

I'm so happy for your friend and Sarah! I love a happy ending! Many years ago, I lived in B.C. for awhile, in Vancouver, so I know exactly where New West is. It is so beautiful in that area and I'd love to go back someday.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I lost Moose the MagnfiCat twice and he was gone both times for six weeks.
    But I prayed and he came home!!!
    If I hear pigeons cooing I know that My Moose Ange has come home to visit
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Don't worry, the cat is alive and well. But I am heartbroken for my friend.

The cat that another fellow had found and returned to her has Soft Paws on his claws, has a chip, and is MALE.

My friend just sent me two pics, one of her 'newly returned' cat, one of her missing cat Sarah. They are not the same cat.

This is the only cat she has ever owned. I just sent her a gentle email saying that cats do not go from shy to outgoing and demanding in a few weeks; they do not get white fur on their chin and either side of their nose from being bathed. My gut feeling is that this is not her cat.

I suggested she call the people on the FB page (I sent a link) and ask what the chip number is on their cat. Or I can request it privately from the people on FB. Yes, there is a missing cat on there with Soft Paws and a chip...

Sarah had neither.

I also suggested to my friend that she make a few more copies of the Missing flyers and post them in the laundry rooms and front entrance of her building.

Prayers and good thoughts please on this whole situation. I'd hate to be in her shoes.

Thanks.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda