Thread: Greetings from France!

Greetings from France!

Hello, I've just joined. I am retired and live in France. I have a small flock of friendly sheep.

Welcome to Pet Talk! How fun, how many sheep do you have?
    I've Been Frosted

Bonjour!

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

Thank you both. I currently have 20 sheep (including lambs). In winter, of course, there are less. The lambs are always sold for reproduction, not for meat. I am very attached to my sheep and they eat out of my hand.

Aww, what kinds are they? Any pictures?
    I've Been Frosted

They are cross-breeds, mix of Rouge de l'Ouest, Cotentin and Suffolk. Here is a photo of Josette getting a treat from my son's girlfriend. It's not a great photo and will try to find a better one. Name:  IMAG0597-opt.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  654.3 KB

Ah, good mutt-sheep! How fun, do you use their wool yourself, or sell it?
    I've Been Frosted

Sorry for not replying before. Wool has almost no value commercially, unless in massive proportions. We only shear the sheep to stop them getting too hot in summer, and don't go right next to the skin (to avoid sunburn). In past years we have made a little wool by hand, but generally we use it for insulation material.

Hi, and welcome! I live in Denmark and have no pets at the moment, my cat sadly died in Feb. 2013, but I'm looking after a little calico girl called Borgeoise. Her family is French.

I hope your sheep don't have their winter coats now, if you have it as hot as we have. Tomorrow, it will be past 30 degrees.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.