Thread: Bug help? What is this?

Bug help? What is this?

I'm posting here cause I'm concerned it's a tick....I've never seen anything like this so I'm really not sure. It's odd pincher things caught my eye as I was sweeping my floor so I took a quick picture. Any idea what it is?

*edit* after doing some research I'm thinking this is a psudoscorpion which is apparently harmless...
    Last edited by Sowa; 05-24-2013 at 07:28 PM.

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

Ick!

Not seen anything like THAT before. Glad to read it is not dangerous but still - ICK! (Bugs are not high on my list of 'likes,' can you tell? LOL)

I have a good friend who is a big bug person, I'll ask her!
    I've Been Frosted

It's a Pseudoscorpion, a species of Spider...

http://www.whatsthatbug.com/2007/07/...udoscorpion-2/
    Sneakers, Becca, Ichabod & NA'vi

Dogs know that you love them, whether you own them or not
    If you’re not watching FREE TV, you should be !

YEs, my friend confirmed it

" It's a pseudoscorpion. Like true scorpions, it's an arachnid. Harmless to humans; kind of an interesting little predator. Tiny, though; I've seen footage of one getting a claw snipped off by a protective mama earwig after the pseudoscorpion made the mistake of going after her eggs.
    More on pseudoscorpion biology and diversity here. the little critter looks a lot like the "book scorpion" in one photo. Was it found in your friend's home? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudoscorpion"
    I've Been Frosted

My friend has them in her house all the time. They eat ants and she gets ants. They're so tiny you barely know they're around most of the time.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton