Thread: In a weeks time...

In a weeks time...

... I may seem to have disappeared from the Face of the Earth. Who knows how long it will take to get changed to a new internet/TV/telephone provider. The silly people on the board in my building have terminated our current provider, so from June 1st, it will be like living in the last Century. We'll be getting Parknet.dk. They're working on having it up and running some time in week 23. I do hope so! I have no cell phone. If anything important turns up, I can use my neighbors iPhone at least.

I just hope I remember to save everything I need, to do the switch. Any inputs on that?

Wish me luck!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Randi, I don't have any advice but I just wanted to send some positive vibes your way. I hope that everything goes smoothly and you're back on the internet quickly. Good luck.

I currently have Comcast/Xfinity as my internet provider and my condo complex has a contract with them for our cable. I also had my home phone through them but I found that I could switch over to a much less expensive home phone service. I was renting the modem for $7 a month so I bought my own modem and then I switched over to Straight Talk Wireless Home Phone Service. I wouldn't be able to do it without either a cell phone or internet access though. I do now have a cell phone and I was without my home phone for about 3 days. I read that sometimes it could take as long as 2 weeks. Here's the link: http://www.straighttalkhomephone.com/shop.php.

Make sure, right now, you write down all your passwords and keep them somewhere safe!

Back up everything on your computer to an external drive, just in case!

Find where your local internet cafes are so you can check in!
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks! The latest news is that the provider is working on getting permission to get the cable connected to our street - it's fiber, as we have already. They don't have to dig, but can "shoot" it in, so hopefully that will go smoothly!

We got info that we can sign up on monday. I bet there'll be a queue of people in the office - and I'll be one of the first, even though I hate to get up early!

Karen, I have screen shots of all my settings for e-mail and I have important things on a key. My passwords I have on a list in a drawer - so I guess I'll be OK. However, this is SO important, so I don't want to screw up anything. This is a time when I really want John to be here. Well, I did change my provider two years after he died, so hopefully I can do it again without problems.

Whatever happens, I WILL check in on PT!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Oh Randi, we are going to miss you so I hope this goes smoothly and quickly. You are getting some good advice that I think I will implement for myself just in case.

xxoo
    Gini

Gini, the ones of you I e-mail with (I owe you one!), I will make sure we can keep in contact. I have a gmail account, also. I have a database called FileMaker Pro, that I have printed out with all addresses, e-mails and telephone numbers.

Please keep in touch and good luck!!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I'm sorry, I would be upset about that, too! I will keep my fingers crossed that it won't take long! I'd hate to be offline, would make me feel as if I was cut off from the rest of the world.