Thread: My precious cat Koko

Hybrid View

My precious cat Koko

I am devastated you guys, I had to put my best friend, my Seal Point Siamese kitty Koko down Friday night. I had him from 6 wks of age to 18 yrs, 1 month. He was my best friend, and saw me through three family deaths. So I feel like my last link to my husband and parents is gone. He had been declining for about a year, became just literally skin and bones (13 lbs in his heyday to 5 1/2 when he died). The final diagnosis was colon cancer; he couldn't even use the litter box anymore; would strain but nothing would happen. I feel so lost without him; this is the first pet I have ever had to put down. Up until last weekend he was doing as well as he always was, but they tried to put in an enema to get him cleaned out (this happened somewhat frequently lately), but couldn't even get it to go in this time. When they took an ultrasound, that's when they found out about the colon. It's been two days now, and I still have my crying jags whenever I realize that I will never see him again. How have any of you handled this situation? I am so upset and shattered to lose him. Barb
    Barbara

((((HUGS))))) Barbiecat. I am so sorry for your loss.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

our condolences. You will be in our prayers, he had a good, long life with you!
    I've Been Frosted

Koko

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Thank you so much; it was a long life, but selfishly I wanted even more. I doubt I will ever love any future cats as much as I did my sweet Koko.
    Barbara

I know what you're going through as we lost our Max yesterday. We have to let ourselves grieve and mourn for our lost loved one, but also take joy in the fact that we had them as long as we did. No words can make it hurt less so I won't even try, but I'll say a prayer for you and your Koko and remember you in my thoughts.

I am very sorry for the loss of your precious Koko. I know it hurts a lot, I have been through it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by renopithicus View Post
    I know what you're going through as we lost our Max yesterday. We have to let ourselves grieve and mourn for our lost loved one, but also take joy in the fact that we had them as long as we did. No words can make it hurt less so I won't even try, but I'll say a prayer for you and your Koko and remember you in my thoughts.
    I am SO very sorry for your loss too; I know I did everything I could for him over the years, but having to make that last decision was so terrible, yet I knew there was no other option. How sad for both of us.

Koko

Quote Originally Posted by renopithicus View Post
    I am so sorry you have to go through this also; my first time ever having to put a friend down like this.

Koko

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Thank you

Koko

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Thank you so much for your reply. Barb
    Barbara

Koko

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Thank you so much