Thread: USPS food drive, May 11 2013

Hybrid View

USPS food drive, May 11 2013

It's the time of year to help the USPS and their food drive!!

http://about.usps.com/corporate-soci...food-drive.htm

Done!

Also done

It was actually started by the NALC (National Association of Letter Carriers)

The USPS wouldn't be involved if they weren't going to get a ton of bad pub by disallowing it. It costs overtime, ya know........

The letter carriers and Rural carriers combined with volunteers do the work. Management has actually mandated in some offices that the office not participate.

Just posting this to give credit where credit is due, it's those pesky Unions, not the USPS behind the drive.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    It's the time of year to help the USPS and their food drive!!

http://about.usps.com/corporate-soci...food-drive.htm
    Not done yet - but will be by the time our amazing mail-lady arrives on Saturday morning
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I'm steaming mad about this. I didn't get a reminder card about it in the mail last week, but my mom did - so I took a few grocery items over there to add to the bag she had ready. My lazy-butt neighbors had zero bags ready for our mail carrier. 44 units and zero bags. Way to help people in need, neighbors. The other two buildings had a better showing. In one of the buildings, somebody put out a cardboard box for items to be donated and it was full. I am going to put a note on my calendar and do that next year. The other building had two paper grocery sacks full of food. Someone must have combined the donations into the paper sacks. Not my building.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I didn't donate to the NALC food drive.

I support our church food shelf instead, and as it's an "unofficial" food pantry (not part of the network of food pantries in the area, and as such it allows us more flexibility) it wouldn't get support form the drive.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

I spread my donations over the year - the local Kroger puts a giant container near the front door to drop stuff off in and they also bundle some products into nylon bags that you can purchase and donate......

--------------------

I refuse to donate/money to the charity that the food network is associated with.

Kinda hard to take any chef/cook serious when you see how much food they waste when they film a show like Iron Chef.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    A bunch of cheapskates in this area too. The rural carrier delivered a blue plastic donation bag to all households 2 weeks prior to the pickup date. In my travels fairly early Saturday morning, I saw only 2 of these blue bags at mailboxes, in addition to the one I put out, and I traveled about 25 - 30 miles of rural road. It was raining a little, so maybe some people put the bags inside of the box, even tho they aren't supposed to.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~