Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ming 7/7/03 - 5/03/13

Ming 7/7/03 - 5/03/13

I finally have a chance to post here about my beloved Ming. On Wednesday night of last week, Ming started showing signs of having another UTI. We went and got him his antibiotics from the vet and usually that would take care of it. This time it didn't. Ming just became more ill and on Thursday night he blocked up completely and kept vomiting. I knew I had to take him to the vet on Friday morning as he could barely walk and would not eat. The vet looked at him and told me all of his past urinary blockages and UTIs had sent him into advanced CRF and that even sub-q fluids would do him no good as he would just block up more often now as he had accumulated too much scar tissue in he urethra and too much damage to his kidneys. So, I had to make the painful decision to send him to The Bridge. It was very hard, but I knew it was the right thing to do because Ming had not been completely well in some time.

Ming was the kindest, most gentle, cat I have ever known. Everyone who met him commented on how beautiful and kind he was. (he was the most beautiful cat I have ever seen, but I may be a bit prejudiced). I loved him with all my heart and I am missing him very much.

Ming, your bros told me to tell you they will meet you someday at The Bridge and they hope you will be playing your bagpipes and harp.

We all love and miss you,

Meowmie, Kevin, Mac, and KimbaName:  DSCF0062-1.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  23.6 KB
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Aw, Ming, gorgeous boy, I am so sorry you had to go to the Rainbow Bridge!!!! You will be sorely missed!!! You will be together with your loving family again, "one fine day".

katladyd, I am so sorry you had to make the hardest decision any pet owner has to make. Try and take comfort in the fact your beautiful boy is no longer in pain.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so sorry for your loss of Ming. He certainly was a handsome boy. Rest easy with no more pain sweet fella.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Big, big ((((HUGS))) to Ming's Meowmie. Dear beautiful Ming, I will get to meet you, One Fine Day.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Rest in peace, fine sir. Your struggles are over, and you are well and healthy, being the gentle cat at the Rainbow Bridge! Send your mom some purrs in her dreams so she knows you are okay.
    I've Been Frosted

I am so sorry for the loss of your Ming and understand how hard it was to make the RB decision. He certainly was a beautiful cat. Your Ming reminds me of my Luke who went to RB in August 2012; they were both about the same age. I understand your feelings of missing him. I tell you (and myself) we will see our beloved pets again one day. My condolences. (((Hugs))) Kay in NC

Oh, dearest Ming, my Sydney is playing his bagpipes by the Bridge to welcome you! You are whole and healthy again now and are joining in with making the beautiful music.

Deepest sympathy to your dear Meowmie and your whole family and all who love and miss and grieve you so very much. (((HUGS))) to you, katladyd.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Beautiful, handsome Ming. Play at the Bridge and let your mom know you are all right.

katlady, {{{hugs}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Godspeed, precious Ming.......
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    I am so sorry for your loss.

Precious Ming, look for my silly Willy. He always wanted a brother to play with.
    Those meezer boys are so sweet.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss of Ming. He will be waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

I'm just seeing this now. I'm so, so sorry for your loss and I know how heartbreaking it is to make that decision but I do believe it's the last act of love you could have done for him.

RIP sweet Ming. The Catmobile Gang will truly miss you and the bagpipes but I'm sure that you are strutting your stuff in tartan all through the streets of the RB.

{{{hugs}}}
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I'm so sorry about Ming. He was such a handsome boy.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I didn't see this until now. I'm so sorry for your loss. Ming was a special kitty and will be so missed. The Catmobile will not be the same.

I'll tell Pinot tonight - she'll cross paws and bow her head in memory of her lost friend... RIP sweet Ming - Peace to your family. You went with much love.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I am so sorry to hear about Ming. RIP, sweet meezer, you were much loved.