Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tomorrow I go into the hospital for a knee replacement

It's so good to hear you are back home and doing well.

That's great! So glad it went so well and you are back home, raring to go!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

It is great to hear from you again. So glad that things went so well for you. I'll bet Prue & the kitties
    are thrilled to have you home.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

SAS, I'm so glad it went well and you're home! That aquatic therapy sounds good, I bet it will speed up things. Now, don't overdo it, though - and take care!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

SAS I have been lighting candles for you praying that all goes well and you recuperate quickly.
    It sounds as though you are doing just great and I am so happy that is the case. Warmer weather
    is on its way so you can enjoy swimming and walking more too. Keep on doing what you are doing because it is working!

Thank you all

Each day I feel better and better. I no longer have to use a cane! The PT will begin again this week so the pain and swelling will probably reappear. I have had a pretty time of it so far. I am lucky. It is so nice to be back home with my pets.

Just seeing this for the first time, I'm sorry. So glad to hear that you are healing so well, and looking forward to more positive updates.

Yay, I am so sorry I didn't post when this was first written!!

But I am so glad to hear you are feeling better each day, that's really all that matters. Must be great to be back home.

I'm sorry I didn't get to reply to this thread sooner, glad to hear your surgery went well and hope that your recovery is continuing to go well.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Three weeks ago yesterday

I can't believe it has been three weeks. Much of it was a big blurr. I am in a holding pattern this week, waiting for my surgeon to give me the ok to begin aquatic therapy. I don't have the best range of motion quite yet but hope that this week of rest will allow the swelling to subside and my leg to bend a little more in the right direction. I am off most of the pain meds but still need them after PT and sometimes to sleep. I am not happy about that but am making progress.

I have been walking around the yard with Prue. She seems to understand that I am not at 100%. She has enjoyed having the PT folks here as I give them a treat or three to give to her went they first arrive. She now thinks they are here to see her and she waits by their bags for more treats! She makes a pest of herself. My cats are doing the same. Being pests. They love company so I expected such behavior.

I love walking without pain. I do have tightness and that is a pain, but I think that is from the swelling. I have been icing it often and keeping it raised but I must be kind to it for a few more weeks I guess.

Thanks for all the good wishes and get well wishes. I think I was scared to death to have this done but in general it was a cake walk. Yes, I say that now. The first few days were just one big struggle to get more pain meds.

I had a spinal and then had a femoral block. There was a big problem with the block and I had a horrible reaction to the procedure. Fortunately they were right there with the antidote and I was ok. Scared the hell out of me. Apparently some of the fluid the used to do the block, got in to my blood stream. I couldn't breath. It was like having an asthma attack.

I had a filter on my IV that did not allow the Propothol (sp) to go through the IV properly and I was awake for part of the surgery. I know. What were they thinking? Sounded as though I was at the garage, having my car repaired.

All in all, I survived.

Glad you are starting to feel better, but let me tell you, I hope I never need a knee replacement. The complications you've
    mentioned sound horrible. Not being able to breath & being aware of everything during the surgery sounds like the stuff of my
    worst nightmare. I hope you continue to do well in your PT.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I also apologize for not sending you a message sooner. It's great to know that your surgery went well and you're feeing better every day. For now just take it easy, listen to your doctor, and you might want to reconsider training for that marathon. My prayers continue for your speedy and complete recovery.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

So glad that you are able to walk better now. My aunt is putting off having her knee(s) done out of fear. Hopefully when she does get hers done it will turn out just as well!

((hugs)) to you!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Tell your aunt nearly every I know who has had a knee replaced regretted waiting so long to have it don. Not right away, but 3-6 months afterwards, they were VERY happy - my old buddy Pete was back golfing after 6 months, and thrilled.
    I've Been Frosted