Thread: Tomorrow I go into the hospital for a knee replacement

Hybrid View

Tomorrow I go into the hospital for a knee replacement

My surgery is schedule for the afternoon. Wish me luck.

I know, there was someone here, who didn't make it through the surgery. I am having a local anesthetic and do not have heart problems at all. I am at risk of course, but don't have the problems that General Anesthesia brings with it.

I will let you guys know how I am doing as soon as I can get to my email etc.

I am worried, of course, but have lots to do before I leave for the hospital.

Prue is going into doggie daycare for a week or so. She will miss me but will have lots to do while I am recovering. I will miss her, for sure. She is my love. My neighbor is looking in on the cats while I am gone.

Fondly,
    Sas

I've not heard of this being done with a local!

One of my friends had a full knee replacement last July 27th. She was in hospital 2 weeks, then in Rehab for 3 weeks, then home with PT for another few weeks (I don't recall how long). She had to use a CPM machine - constant passive motion - machine. This started the 2d day after surgery and as long as she was in the hospital, and in the Rehab she had to use it two hours, three times a day. She did not have the machine at home. Here is a link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSgJV986Knc

The machine prevents a build up of scar tissue. IT starts with a gentle motion at 15% range of motion, and each day they add more movement to it.

She really credits this machine (along with all the other PT etc) for how well and how quickly she healed. She now has full range of motion and is pain free after 4 years of incredible pain (she put off the surgery quite awhile).

Best wishes to you!

We're thinking of you, SAS, and sending along good wishes and prayers that all goes well.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

SAS, I wish you a successful operation and a fast recovery. Of course you're worried, but try to think how many times they've done this before. The motion machine Freedom posted a link to, seems a good idea. You should try to get one.

Yes, Prue will miss you, but I'm sure you found the perfect "hotel" for her, and the cats will be alright with your neighbor.

Sending lots of positive thoughts and keeping my fingers crossed for you.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

All my best wishes- I am with you: for them it may be routine, but for me it's different Nevertheless- it will be successful and you will feel so much better.

Best wishes! I know people that have had this done and their only complaint is why they put it off so long.