Thread: Song from space

Song from space

http://music.cbc.ca/#/blogs/2013/5/M...crosses-Canada

This past February, Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield and Barenaked Ladies' Ed Robertson co-wrote "(I.S.S.) Is Somebody Singing?" for Music Monday 2013.

Then, in an unprecedented cross-hemisphere collaboration, the song was recorded live by Barenaked Ladies and the Wexford Gleeks choir in the Toronto CBC Studios along with Hadfield aboard the International Space Station, which you can watch above.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'll have to listen when I get home. Thanks for posting this.
    Last edited by Lady's Human; 05-06-2013 at 05:57 AM.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

You're welcome. Enjoy!!!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

What is it with Canadians, music and space?

Rush did a song in tribute to the first space shuttle launch, now BNL and others do one for the ISS?

Are Canadians spaced out?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Great concept & the singing is beautiful. I wondered if the guy singing from space had
    any problems singing with zero gravity. It didn't sound like it. Thanks for posting this.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    I'm Canadian. Every single one of us is exactly the same and I assure you we are all spaced out

This afternoon I was listening to CBC's Tom Allen's midday "Shift" program in my car, and he played the song. Afterwards he said that since today is Music Monday (when thousands of schoolchildren across Canada were to sing and record the song at noon ET), the Wexford Gleeks performed the song live at the start of his show. He then said, you can pick up their performance on a link from the show's website at music.cbc.ca/shift.

When I got home, I went to the web site, found the link, and clicked it. Up came a sign saying "THIS CONTENT IS LICENSED FOR CANADIAN AUDIENCES ONLY"! So I guess I'm out of luck on that one, sigh..
    Death thought about it.

We EXCEL at spaced out. Blame the extremes in temperature.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Col. Chris Hadfield is returning to Earth today.

To celebrate his last day in orbit, he has recorded a version of David Bowie's "Space Oddity". From space. And it's amazing.

http://youtu.be/KaOC9danxNo
    Death thought about it.

An amazing rendition of that song. I turned on the radio today partway through the song and thought Bowie had rerecorded it!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Excellent rendition, and I love the minor modifications to the lyrics to make it fit!
    I've Been Frosted

Iconic Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield is safely back on Planet Earth!

Officials with the Calgary Stampede have officially extended an invitation to Col. Hadfield to be the 2013 parade marshal for the Stampede, which runs July 5-14 this year. -- http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews...09-161306.html
    Death thought about it.

Photos from space

20 Epic Space Photos From Astronaut Chris Hadfield - http://mashable.com/2013/04/11/epic-...hris-hadfield/
    Death thought about it.