Thread: Seeking a poem...

Seeking a poem...

Years ago, my grandmother used to buy "Good Housekeeping" magazine and "Woman's World" and I would always scan them looking for recipes and always noticed in the back of the magazines, there were Ads to sell books, merchandise, picture frames, etc. and I saw a framed poem for a "cat's prayer" which I think contained the words "...no more pitter patter of your paws"....and "...you're in heaven now..." (or something similar)

Can someone help me find this poem? It was one of the best I've ever read and would love to have it!

So, if anyone has some of those old magazines, scroll to the back pages and look for me?...please?

Thank you!

I just did a search and it took me to this website that has many cat poems. Here's the link: http://www.catquotes.com/catpoetry.htm.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGuy44 View Post
    Years ago, my grandmother used to buy "Good Housekeeping" magazine and "Woman's World" and I would always scan them looking for recipes and always noticed in the back of the magazines, there were Ads to sell books, merchandise, picture frames, etc. and I saw a framed poem for a "cat's prayer" which I think contained the words "...no more pitter patter of your paws"....and "...you're in heaven now..." (or something similar)

Can someone help me find this poem? It was one of the best I've ever read and would love to have it!

So, if anyone has some of those old magazines, scroll to the back pages and look for me?...please?

Thank you!
    Thanks!....I saw this website performing a search as well - didn't have the poem I wanted, but they have a great list and I thank you again for posting/sharing with me

Yes, I saw that list and poked through it, too! Most poems including "pitter patter" I have found are about growing children!
    I've Been Frosted

This poem I am looking for is over 20 years ago in the Woman's Day or Good Housekeeping magazine...it was in the back pages and it was a framed poem with a picture of a black cat playing with a ball of yarn (from what I remember) in the upper left corner...

Quote Originally Posted by CtGuy44 View Post
    This poem I am looking for is over 20 years ago in the Woman's Day or Good Housekeeping magazine...it was in the back pages and it was a framed poem with a picture of a black cat playing with a ball of yarn (from what I remember) in the upper left corner...
    Hmm, do you know anyone at your local library? They may have all the old issues in their "periodicals" section, and you could pick a year and peruse some!
    I've Been Frosted

Here are the Contact Us links to both magazines. If they have digitized their archives they just might be able to track it down.

http://www.womansday.com/about/_about_contact-us

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/about/contact-us
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I will definitely try those links - thank you so much!

Is this the poem?

http://rainbowsbridge.com/stories/St...325468750.aspx

Empty
    That's all I feel
    My loyal friend
    No more pitter-patter
    Of your paws on the floor
    No more gentle nudge against
    My leg to let me know you're
    Right there
    No more head scratches
    Your favorite!