Thread: ~Dusty~

~Dusty~

Aww Dusty, what a beautiful parrot you are!!! I'm so glad you ended up in a much better situation with a loving family.
    Congrats on being POTD! I hope this is a special day for you and your family.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Dusty the miracle Grey!

Hi Dusty! Happy Pet of the Day to you!

My eyes welled up with tears, reading your human's very touching, love filled tribute to her/his beautiful best feathered friend, and sickened, reading on the unconscionable neglect and abuse you suffered at the hands of your former "owners." (I won't call them "family!")

Thank goodness you were taken out of that hellish existence when you were still young, before more harm could come to you, finally finding your way to the most amazing, committed FOREVER family...and one experienced in wild bird care at that! And now, under the loving care of your devoted human, you're healed not only physically, but emotionally as well! You've only been with your family for mere weeks, but oh, what a transformation! It never ceases to amaze me, the healing power of love, the ability of abused animals to bounce back and learn to love and trust with just a little time, patience and love!

We can't thank your family enough for giving such a beautiful, intelligent, most deserving creature a second chance at happiness, a carefree love filled life! What a happy story is yours, Dusty! Your indomitable spirit, your family's devotion (willing to get bitten for the greater good, hehe), is an inspiration to us all!

Thanks to your family for sharing your amazing story, your beautiful photo with us all, Dusty! I hope your enjoying a very happy day of celebration, being treated to all your heart desires and more!
    Lots of love, cuddles and little kisses to you beautiful Dusty, our very special and most deserving Pet of the Day! Long and happy life to you, sweetheart!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Hello Dusty,

You are a beautiful girl & I'm so glad you finally are with people who understand
    your needs & really love to care for you too. Sometimes I think humans ought
    to be tested before they are allowed to adopt. Congratulations to you on being
    chosen as today's beautiful PET OF THE DAY. Enjoy your day pretty one.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Dusty what a stunning girl you are!!!

I can not imagine anyone being mean to you!!! I wish I could give them a swift kick on your behalf!!! It is beyond wonderful that you have a loving home and family now!!! I can tell you are so very loved just from the wonderful tribute I just read about you. Please thank your family for not only saving you but for sharing you with us. You are a rare treasure indeed!!!! I hope you are all enjoying your special day.

Congratulations, sweet Dusty, on being our very special and deserving Pet of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello there, Delightful Dusty! My, what a beautiful birdie you are, and such a sweetheart as well! You are quite lucky to live in Alaska (although I hope those feathers of yours keep you warm during those long winters; brrrrrr!) as I`ve always wanted to travel there. I`m so sorry to hear that your previous caretakers did not treat you right; a special girl like you certainly deserves better than that and I`m glad you were able to find a better home where you are treated right! Your new human sounds like a wonderful, caring person that loves you to pieces (especially when s/he said s/he was willing to be bitten for the "greater good.") Not only that, but your human seems very experienced when it comes to a feathered friend such as you! What a lucky girl you are to have such a loving and experienced caretaker that certainly knows his/her birds!

I`m also very impressed by your vocabulary, pretty girl! It must have taken quite a bit of patience for your human to get you to trust him/her, and then to begin learning more advanced birdie skills! Your human is exactly right; no pet is necessarily a "lost cause." You proved that by warming up to your new family and becoming a great companion and friend!

Congratulations on being today`s Pet of the Day, darling Dusty! I can already tell your family will be very proud of you and that you will have a wonderful day filled with your favorite treats and activities! Congratulations again, sweet one!
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa