Thread: Stray Cats - I feel horrible

Stray Cats - I feel horrible

My neighbor down the road feeds 2 stray cats. I just took food out there for them and they broke my heart. On of them is orange and fuzzy. He belonged to someone up the road and she threw him out because he was sick. He is as sweet as can be. He's so skinny you can feel every bone in his little body. He's all matted, his eyes are gooped up. The second one is in the same condition except he/she is sneezing and has a runny nose. If I had the funds I'd take them in and get them back to health and find them homes. But I don't. I'm feeling useless and heartbroken because of these poor babies and I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

Can you contact a shelter? Is there an ASPCA near you, or at least one you can contact? Even though they are technically "owned", they could go poof.....

Poor babies. I will say a prayer for them.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Some vets will check out a stray dog or cat for free, might have one near you? If not then the SPCA is the place I would take them-you don't have to tell them they are owned, just say they've been hanging around your place. they might be full of worms and a good deworming would set them straight again.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Do contact local shelters or veterinarians, and see what they say. You don't need to say one used to be owned, just say they are strays - she threw him out, he's not hers any more. If you could pick up a flea collar or two to slip on them, do they allow touching?
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks for all the tips. We have a really awesome shelter and an SPCA I can talk to and see what they can do.

Karen, yes they are really friendly. Both were loving all over me when I went out there today.

I just have to do something because I can't stand for those poor babies to suffer. They are sweet cats and would be beautiful when they are nursed back to health. I'll keep everyone updated

It is good they are friendly - that will make them easier to capture, and surer to find good homes!
    I've Been Frosted

That poor Cat who has watery eyes and is sneezing may have been infected with a URI or worse FIP , which is fatal.
    We are praying for those Two Little Lost Cats that they can be helped.
    I was going to take in Ebony Beau Tubster but he was too ill.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu View Post
    That poor Cat who has watery eyes and is sneezing may have been infected with a URI or worse FIP , which is fatal.
    We are praying for those Two Little Lost Cats that they can be helped.
    I was going to take in Ebony Beau Tubster but he was too ill.
    I was afraid of that . He/she looks bad, so something's gotta be done soon to see if there's anything I can do for the poor babies.

I didn't get a chance to go see them today because I've been busy all day, but I'm going to figure out a plan over the weekend.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

I am sorry to hear that that poor Cat is so ill.
    I had three Cats who had to be PTS by My Vet, and thankfully as they were Strays , he only charged me for their burail and the needle that made them Angels.
    They were laid to rest by the wishing well where all the Angels go so they can wish for a better future and as Awesome Angels they are free at last from pain , cold and hunger!!!
    God Bless You for caring when so many would not.
    You will be rewarded with so much love.
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS