Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pet naming

I like something a little different if possible, and i like to look up the meanings sometimes, lexie was actually named after an actress who played a beautiful dark haired girl in a scottish series i loved, so that is how she got her name, quite appropriate as she is black and i am scottish, also i later found out it means defender of mankind, hmm well yes i cannot quite see that from my lil girl .

Nikkita well she was called victoria, i wanted nothing to do with the names that horrible previous owner had called them, and i have always loved the song Nikkita by elton john so that is how she got her name.

Ellie-mae, well she was called duchess, and i used to call her duchella, so ellie came out of that, as again did not want anything to do with their previous names, and she was called that after the beautiful ellie-mae on the tv series hillybillies.

Ash was called after Ash in pokemon , my daughter name him, he was ash grey as well, so suited.

I even have names for my future cats, liberty and skylar or brandy are my chosen names at this stage.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Some of the names of my cats I decided to keep.
    Storm- he was already named this at the Humane Society. I thought it suited him so I kept it.
    Pearl- this was my grandmothers name so I wanted to keep it.
    Ziggy Stardust- I liked it so I kept it.
    Finnegan- I was going to change it but most everyone on PT thought that he looked like a Finnegan. Now I love it and so does he.

Sunny- I wanted a name that would go with Storm and I named Sunny before I even adopted him.
    Sky- he was named Herman which I didn't like at all. I took one look at his sky blue eyes and Sky became his name.
    Starr- he was named Sammy but I wanted a weather theme for my cats so he became Starr.
    Pepper- he was named Chocolate but I didn't like it. He was very active, full of pep, sneezed sometimes, and was black so I named him Pepper. I had no idea just how common this name was.
    Alani- he was named after the desert Tunami. I was looking at a list of names for orange cats and I saw the name Alani which is Hawaiian for orange blossom tree.
    Blaze- he was named after the desert Sahara. I always liked the name Blaze and it also suits his personality.
    Colby- he was named Cricket and I wanted to name him an orange cat name. For some reason the name Colby came to mind. He took to it right away.
    Radar- he was named Chubbs because he's always been a chubby kitten. A PT'er suggested Radar because of his big ears and I think it really suits him.
    Reece- he was named Finnegan and I couldn't have another Finnegan. I always liked the name Reece so this became his name.
    Rory- he was named Chunkster. Since he's such a red colored cat, I thought that the name Rory would suit him and it does. He's m red little devil.

I've only had two pets as an adult. Oberon and 13 both are named for shows I've done. I played the role of Oberon (Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream) in high school, and 13 is named for the musical by Jason Robert Brown, which I directed.