Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh Lordy.....

I think your home sounds like the perfect home for Puppy. I vote to foster and get your vet bill paid down a bit.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

He's beautiful!

Do you think that maybe Merlin is guiding you? I believe they have a 'paw' in matching you with your new one..sending you in the correct direction so to speak..I definitely think that Tinkerbelle had something to do with Teddy succeeding her..

He definitely needs you. Personally I wouldnt pass this one up.

I think you should throw in the towel and get him. After all there are lots of paws pulling strings at the Rainbow Bridge. If you don't get him, you will most likely be tripping over lots of cats who mysteriously pop up needing you soon. (I know from experience. I went from two to 7 in a short time)
    Last edited by momoffuzzyfaces; 04-27-2013 at 03:48 PM.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

He is neutered. He is up to date on his vaccinations. He is fluffy and beau-mew-tiful...

Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    He is neutered. He is up to date on his vaccinations. He is fluffy and beau-mew-tiful...

He looks like he could be Lady Edwina's brother!!! or Winnie's too!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Slick, he's gorgeous and I think that you both need each other. I would just let them know that you'd be willing to foster him for now and then you can just see how it goes. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I think you wouldn't even be posting or speaking of Puppy unless you already had a notion to come to his aid.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Well, today I'm just not sure if I'm ready. I visited the a cat sanctuary (you can't adopt from there) just to get some fur therapy that I've been sorely missing. Then I went to a no-kill shelter and they had one section just for seniors. Met this beautiful 17 yr old grey baby that I almost walked away with, but my gut told me no. There must be a reason why my gut is so against getting another one so soon. Time will tell.

On the other hand, I could get a small dog....
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    Well, today I'm just not sure if I'm ready. I visited the a cat sanctuary (you can't adopt from there) just to get some fur therapy that I've been sorely missing. Then I went to a no-kill shelter and they had one section just for seniors. Met this beautiful 17 yr old grey baby that I almost walked away with, but my gut told me no. There must be a reason why my gut is so against getting another one so soon. Time will tell.

A certain grey, black and white one with sort of a long coat and golden eyes
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post

Maybe it wasn't saying no to the cat as much as to the age of the cat. A 17 year old would most likely come with lots of health problems plus would not be with you long. I agree it is too soon to go through that again. As for a dog, well, they need lots more attention than a cat. They must be walked after all. I'm still pulling for Puppy!!! After all, he can be a cat/dog with a name like that. But do what your heart tells you.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

I think a certain kitty with the name of Puppy would provide you with the best of both worlds. What better than a kitty that follows you around like a puppy!??! He's younger so would be with you a little longer, giving you time to heal your heart and get all caught up with the vet. Just my thoughts.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

I am sorry Slick I misread that thread.
    I definitly think that Puppy is the Cat for you he has that Mister Scrappy Angel look and I know that Mister Scrappy would love to be his Guardian Angel.
    Please give that Great Cat the love and FurrEver Home that all your Cats have recieved.
    They are all purring yes from the Rainbow Bridge.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

You listen to your gut. You do what you feel is right..........when you feel it is right. Sure, we all want you to get another companion (be it cat or dog), but you have to be in the right frame of mind for it. So take your time, go get your cat therapy as often as you need it, and the right time and cat will come along.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poop View Post
    I think a certain kitty with the name of Puppy would provide you with the best of both worlds. What better than a kitty that follows you around like a puppy!??! He's younger so would be with you a little longer, giving you time to heal your heart and get all caught up with the vet. Just my thoughts.
    Ooooo! You're good!

I'm with QofP. A cat named Puppy? It's a sign!
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Take your time, Slick. Glad you can get your fur therapy regularly! Merlin may indeed be showing you possibilities, but you will know when the time is right.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda