Yesterday my Weasley flew to the Rainbow Bridge to be reunited with her Jacob.

I can't believe she is gone. Nothing seemed to be wrong with her. I found her in the corner of the cage when I uncovered them.

Weasley was my first bird. I remember going to pick her out on July 20th 2010. I remember the debate me and my family had that night about what to name her. I remember the first time I rubbed her head and belly. I remember everything, taming her, the concern when she saw Jacob's dead body, her cuddles in my hair. The last memory I have of her is Sunday night when I covered her. I was trying to take the food dishes out of her cage, and she didn't want me to. She jumped into the dish and came out of the cage with it. I had to have my dad help take the dish so I could get her back in. (: I had no idea that would be the last adorable thing I saw her do.

She was the perfect first bird. She never bit me, was very easy to tame, and oh so sweet. She helped me figure out that birds are amazing. If my first bird would have been one the acted like Hermione, I don't know if I would have wanted more. I am who I am now because of Weasley.

Weasley, thank you so much for teaching me how loving birds could be. Thank you for all cheering me up all those times I was sad. Thank you for being your sweet little self. Thank you for everything. Thank you so much.

Goodbye sweetheart. I love you so much.
Fly high and free with your beloved Jacob.

Weasley Emmy May
July 30th 2010 to April 22nd 2013.

I will forever be a WeasleyLover.

(You can read her gotcha' story here: http://board.birdchannel.com/Topic247264-8-1.aspx )