Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: a little update with photos on my progress post surgery

a little update with photos on my progress post surgery

Hey guys just wanted to pop on and post a little update and post a couple of photos. I didn't want to post my before photo on FB because I don't want everyone seeing it but I will post it here for you guys.

So things are going good. I have lost 62 lbs in total. Still have more to go and was feeling a bit discouraged as the weight loss has slowed down. My surgeon said it was normal as I am nearly where I should be. The surgery would bring me down to 70 kg and I am now at 78 kg. The surgeon said I need to be patient as the last 10, 15 and sometimes for some people even 20 kgs are slow going but they do go. Patience is not one of my virtues. Anyway, had blood work done 3 weeks ago and all is basically perfect. The only levels that are slightly high or slightly low are those directly connected to the malabsoption but even those are barely over/under the line. The surgeon is very happy with the values. So, overall everything is moving along and things are good. I'll shut up now and post the pictures. The one in front of the cat tree is from today (april 22, 2013) and the other one which is outside was taken around the middle of October 2012. Thanks for looking and listening as always.

<3 Michelle

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	me in April 2013.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	56257 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	me-in-October-2012.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	136.0 KB 
ID:	56258

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

You're looking good Michelle! Good for you!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Congratultions on your weight loss. Good luck for the next 8kilos

Congratulations on your wonderful progress! My niece had that surgery and it's a tough one.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Lookin' good, girl!!! Keep up the good work - it is so worth it in the end.

My son had lap-band surgery in Sept 2011 and lost 100 lbs in under 12 months. He looks great, feels great, and has kept the weight off too. His weight is right where it should be, and he looks like he did in high school - and he's 44 yrs old!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

You look great! So glad your health has improved with the loss! Congratulations!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

That is awesome!! Great job! I know how hard losing weight is. But it's so rewarding to see the results. And it is discouraging when you stop losing as fast as you were. But I weigh myself each week and as long as I didn't gain weight I count that as success!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Well done! Has the diabetes gone completely, as well? Sounds like you are doing well, keeping on track.

Psst! It is ok to smile for the camera!

Well done, Michelle! Excellent!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Yes, don;t give up hope, the last bit of weight will come off, it is just slower than you have become accustomed to!
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks for the update and pictures. You look great!!! I was also wondering if you are now diabetic free.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments and support. My PT family so ROCKS!!!

Sandie & Tracey, for your question about the diabetes...yes my diabetes is completely gone. I am 100% in the normal range. Normal is below 110 by the measures used here and when I had my blood work done last time it was 102. I have checked it on and off at home and even after eating a sweet or drinking fruit juice or regular pop and it is always in range now. Also my blood pressure and heart rate have returned to normal range so all is as it should be. The surgery did exactly what it set out to do and that was to bring my levels back to normal range to give me a healthier & longer life. The weight loss is a bonus. I walk 5-10 km everyday and have started to try running. I really don't like it much but I think once I get over that hurdle I will be good with it. I want to run as it will boost my metabolism and help with the last of the weight loss and then help me maintain.

Again thank you all for your support and kind, encouraging words. <3 you all.

Michelle

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

WOW!! You look fantastic!!

You look great! I've been discussing lap band with my doctor, it is a bit scary for me, was there anything scary or dangerous about it?
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Running is tough on the joints

I applaud your conviction about getting healthier. The surgery seems to have worked in many good ways for you. Great job! Stay with it and you will have a new life.

Running can be very tough on the joints. If you run on soft surfaces it is easier on them. If I were recommending an exercise less tough it would be walking (fast) and for long distances. It may take longer than a quick run, but it is less stressful to the body.

Your photos looks great and you look at least 10 years younger in your second photo.

Here's to a healthier life, girl!