Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lays Potato Chips Being Sold On E-bay

Lays Potato Chips Being Sold On E-bay

I went grocery shopping tonight around 10pm. It was nice because there weren't very many people. When I was walking down the snacks & chips isle a woman wanted to share some good news with me. She was so excited because she just found 1 bag of Lays Chicken & Waffles potato chips. She said that of the 3 newest flavors that this one is the best and they're very hard to find. She also said that e-bay is selling them for $30 a bag. A friend of hers was ready to buy a bag on e-bay. I've never been a big potato chip fan and I certainly would never pay $30 a bag for any flavor. Have any of you ever tried them? Are they really that good? I looked them up on e-bay and here's what I found: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I never heard of that flavor of chips, but I can assure you that I would have to be starving to death before I'd pay that for a bag of chips. I guess some people just have more money than brains!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

One person wrote on Amazon

"Charging $18 (or $22 on the website!) for one bag of chips that you're intentionally under-producing and advertising constantly is completely reprehensible. These are shameful business practices,Frito-lay. "

I totally agree with him/her. Even if they are super yummy (which I wouldn't know as I'm a Brit) I would never, ever, pay those prices.

It's not Lay's who are creating the price jumps, it's individual sellers. In the grocery store they're still the same price.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

I have heard of the new flavors, including that one, and they are part of a campaign to find the 'new flavor' of chips. I would think they were limited editions as they are just out long enough to find which one is the most popular of the three. It's not wrong; it's marketing. It's not shameful, no one is being deprived of a necessary food source, THEY'RE POTATO CHIPS!!!

I, myself, would never buy the flavor. Give me plain, barbecued, crab seasoned, and occasionally sour cream & onion flavored. That's as adventurous as I go...and I'm not paying over market price for any of them.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

A girl I work with paid a pretty penny on ebay for Hershey Kisses, the candy cane ones, last year long after Christmas was over.
    I like them too and stock up but hey, when Christmas is over, move on to Easter candy!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    A girl I work with paid a pretty penny on ebay for Hershey Kisses, the candy cane ones, last year long after Christmas was over.
    I like them too and stock up but hey, when Christmas is over, move on to Easter candy!
    See, that's the difference - you'd pay a little extra for pet treats, but she must not have a critter to spoil!
    I've Been Frosted

I bought a bag of the chicken & waffle flavor chips since the 'creator' (the lady who made up the flavor) is from the Phoenix area.

I ate 3 chips and tossed the rest of the bag. Definitely not my style.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom View Post
    I bought a bag of the chicken & waffle flavor chips since the 'creator' (the lady who made up the flavor) is from the Phoenix area.

I ate 3 chips and tossed the rest of the bag. Definitely not my style.
    They don't even SOUND good to me either. I'll stick with the good old basics - not that I eat many chips anyway!
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Like I said earlier, I really don't even like potato chips but there are some barbeque flavored ones that I've liked in the past. I love the nacho cheese doritos.

I wasn't able to find any of the new flavors being voted on (chicken and waffles, garlic and cheese, or sriracha) so I couldn't even offer an opinion. I'd love to try the sriracha ones, though!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    I still have like half a bag of those in my pantry...we got them for christmas and I didn't really like them all that much (and I'm like a candy addict) she can have them if she pays shipping lol. I really can't think of any food item I'd be willing to spend a bunch of money on after its gone for the season. My favorite chocolate is guittard chocolate chips and you can buy those year round.

I did kind of want to try the potato chips I looked a couple of times, I only wanted to try the garlic bread ones. When they first came out our smiths had a ton of the sriracha that's it...that was like the day they came out I think that's the only flavor they sent. I never saw any of the other flavors though I didn't try all that hard, I did look a few times I work right by the smiths so I walk over there on breaks sometimes. I wish I would have known I could have made bank on ebay with potato chips I would have bought a bunch ha ha.

Is Chicken and Waffles a southern thing? I've never even heard of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    Is Chicken and Waffles a southern thing? I've never even heard of that.
    Yeah - it started out as a southern thing, and then gained popularity. Not to my liking tho. It's like - why do people (southerners mostly I think), put gravy on fried chicken???? Why fry chicken to make it nice and crispy, and then make it soggy by pouring gravy over it. YUK. Save the gravy for roasted chicken - not fried!!!
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

I can't imagine paying that much for a bag of anything... well, maybe if it was a bag of money. I never quite understood the appeal of chicken and waffles. There is even a little restaurant in a nearby city that caters to that kind of dish specifically.

But....

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    It's like - why do people (southerners mostly I think), put gravy on fried chicken???? Why fry chicken to make it nice and crispy, and then make it soggy by pouring gravy over it. YUK. Save the gravy for roasted chicken - not fried!!!
    C'mon, gravy goes good with everything.