Thread: Ringworm? update with pictures

Ringworm? update with pictures

So if someone in my house has ringworm, should I be treating the dogs? Also I work in a pet store with small animals (ferrets, rabbits, rodents, etc) if it came from there will my house keep getting it? As far as I know I don't have any rings/spots on me. Clover has a small indent in her fur...it's not bald but you can see the fur is thinner in one spot. Could that be it? Is it a pill treatment I can just treat everyone with to be safe or?

I duno if this helps but I tried taking some pictures. I THINK it's a similar issue she had before on her tail a while ago. She had thinning fur in one spot and her skin looked dry. The fur on the spot was brittle too. I did have the vet look at that one and they took a sample to test and nothing came back on it. This seems to be the same thing. Which is why I haven't taken her in. (her fur is still a little thin on that spot on her tail) I just had her and Zeke to the vet and spend a couple hundred dollars so I don't need another $60-100 vet bill just to find out it's nothing But I will if it's possibly ringworm or something else? What do you all think?

I'm sure it's hard to tell but it's hard to get a good picture of it. Basically the fur is thinning in one spot on her side. Under the fur her skin seems dry.

Annd one more of my girl <3
    Last edited by Sowa; 04-19-2013 at 07:24 AM.

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

Blog Entries
    The ringworm is highly contagious. On the farm we have the veterinary come & give the cattle shots for it. Maybe their is a cream or pill, something you could get from a veterinary to put on Clover if the spot is ringworm? With cattle they give shots because it would be hard to apply anything by hand because they aren't tame like cats, dogs, humans, etc.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Call your vet and ask them. Yes it is high contagious.

Crystal had it as a kitten when she arrived here. I remember we got special shampoo from the vet and had to wash the area 3 times daily for 2 weeks. The shampoo had to sit in place for 3 minutes, I would set the kitchen timer and Dad would walk around holding her, wrapped in a towel. It was a spot on her head, forehead (if cats have such a thing!) so it was hard to keep it out of her eyes, which was important too.

It is highly contagious. You really should be talking to your vet about medical issues .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

go to the store and get some athletes foot cream. treated probably twice today and you should see the lesion dry up very quickly. homeopathicly just dab a cotton ball in fresh not bottled lemon juice and dab the lesion with it 2x a day.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Tinactin (for athelete's foot)

You can put Tinactin on the spot. It should dry it up..... Some pets are just carriers and never show a sign but give it to others. I had it once, and they think I got it from one of my cats! No cat ever show any symptoms and has never since! It is easily treated, don't get all goofy about it. Your vet should be able to give you a cream for your doggie. It isn't as bad as mange.

bump

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo