Thread: Great Blue Herons!

Great Blue Herons!

The herons at Cornell's site have just laid their fifth egg - and they are on a live webcam! Thought I'd share that with all of you, you can tell it's windy right now with the way the momma's crest is getting blown around!

Heron Cam
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks for the link, Karen! Love it.

We have a blue heron in the marsh right on our cottage property. But it always takes off as soon as we go down to the shore. Glad to be able to see it up close at this cam.
    Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

Yes, they are notoriously shy, so glad Cornell sent me this so I could share it with all of you!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh goodness, Great Blue Herons are my #1 favorite animal! I have always felt a connection to them and it's neat to see them up close like this. There are a few herons that frequent the lake I live near. Now that it's warming up and the lake is busier, you don't see them as much, but last year I was lucky enough to see a group of about 8 of them fly overhead one after the other. It was breathtaking... Something I will never forget. (:

Thanks for sharing, Karen!

The heron eggs are hatching! Thanks again Karen, loving this link.
    Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

Right now, if there are chicks, Mam's sitting on them, but there is quite a breeze ruffling her feathers, so maybe they need the shelter!
    I've Been Frosted

Awwwwww.. I just looked.. the baby is moving his head up around and peeping, and Mom is giving him some food. How sweet!

Thank you, Karen.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery