Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: my thoughts go to everyone in Boston right now..

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    If I was in this boy's shoes (or in his case, hospital bed) right now, I'd be praying to die. He has a living hell in front of him. And with the "media" speculating and arguing over his Miranda rights and the death penalty, it's only the beginning. MA might not have the death penalty, but he'll be charged as a terrorist and fall under the Federal laws - which will get him the death sentence. Only one real problem with that tho - we the tax payers will continue to foot the bill until he is executed - and I have no doubt that he will be. As more info about this boy comes out (from social media posts he made, etc), it appears he wasn't quite the innocent little brother afterall, and had a side to him that he kept hidden from most.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I was just wondering if the guy who called 911 and reported "someone" in his boat, will get the reward for finding him. I had heard that there was a $50,000 (not that much when you consider it tho) reward being offered to whoever found him and turned him in, but I haven't heard any more about that. He deserves 10X that!!!

I've seen one GOOD thing that the media is reporting tho.....someone has set up a site for donations to "buy Dave a new boat", since his was destroyed by all the gunfire, and would have been confiscated for evidence anyway. Now that was worth reporting. I imagine it will get him enough to buy a much bigger and better boat than he had to start with!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Ellie, I hope the guy does at least get his boat replaced; he did the right thing - no heroics, no attention to himself, just called 911 and let the pros handle it.

I don't understand the whole Miranda debate either. Why not read them and be done at the time? Makes no sense.

As far as this kid being dragged in by his brother? I'm sure he was; so? His brother was undoubtedly duped as well by some fanatic; it doesn't make the horror go away. Being gullible is not a criminal defense.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Court appointed representation

I am sure the government is looking for or has already assigned him a court appointed attorney. Once he "lawyers up" he does not have to speak at all. In fact, he doesn't have to talk ever, but once he requests a lawyer, the questioning ends. If he is smart, the first words he should say is "I want to speak to an attorney"........

I don't think he will be executed. I suspect you will see many people supporting him and the pressure will be to give him life. He doesn't have an evil look about him...and had lots of American friends. His brother is being painted as the bad guy.

I would like to see him be put to death but I am not sure you could get a jury to agree.

Remember, we can't believe all we hear and see that is coming out about any of this event. The newscasters have a way of spinning this information to draw attention to themselves....

There are several funds set up to aid the survivors of the bombing and also for the guy who's boat was "Swiss Cheesed" during the final stage of the capture.

This has been such a nightmare.