Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: my thoughts go to everyone in Boston right now..

my thoughts go to everyone in Boston right now..

I was devastated to read the news of the bombs at the Boston Marathon, i pray none of our PT people were there, and my thoughts and prayers are with everyone in Boston right now, i had just read the post Karen wrote about it and then this, it is simply horrific and i just cannot understand how anyone human could do such a barbaric thing.

Just want to give my support and our love from NEW ZEALAND to everyone over there right now.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I certainly agree, Carole. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families. There was a contingent of Pittsburgh runners participating, but I believe they were far enough behind not to be involved. Again, a terrible tragedy.

Thank you, Carole. Paul and I are fine. I don't know how much the global news is reporting, but this is Patriot's Day in Massachusetts, a day honoring those who fought at the very first battle in the American Revolution, which began just a few miles from where we live. So it's not just Marathon Day and Tax Day for us, and will forever mark this day, already a somber one, with a darker stain.
    I've Been Frosted

My thoughts and prayers are with and for those affected by the tragic events in Boston today.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

wow so sad
    Hi all cat lovers have a nice day. chack out my meassge Board at
    http://orangeangelcat.proboards22.com/index.cgi

Glued to CNN. Heart is breaking for those hurt and killed. Prayers for everyone.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

As many people posted on Facebook today, there is a Mr. Roger's quote about what is mother told him when tragedies happen.

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”
    ― Fred Rogers
    And here, to prove that the good people truly outnumber the bad: a simple story of people in my home state, near and not-so-near to Boston, making an effort outpouring of help.

They also report that enough people have donated blood today so they have enough to treat the victims.
    I've Been Frosted

I've been watching CNN last night and saw the horrible events, and this morning, I learned that one of the victims is an 8-year-old boy who was waiting for his father at the finishing line. And so many people are severely injured! Horrible!

It is horrible, but I am wondering when we will know who did this, and why. I am hoping all those in the hospital are on their way to recovery.

There is a great Abigail Adams quote I saw in an article about Boston; Boston Never Surrenders

"It is not in the still calm of life, or the repose of a pacific station, that great characters are formed. The habits of a vigorous mind are formed in contending with difficulties. Great necessities call out great virtues ... qualities which would otherwise lay dormant wake into life and form the character of the hero and the statesman."
    I've Been Frosted

If I could, I'd light a candle
    And place it the window to let the world know
    We are holding the victims in our prayers
    I'd stand on a hilltop and shout,
    If anyone could hear,
    That we will not be bowed,
    We will not be afraid,
    We will not give in.
    This is my home state, and where
    The Revolution began all those years ago
    And we do not forget.
    We cried in anguish that September 11th
    So many lives on the planes that left from here
    Extinguished in an instant
    And we do not forget.
    Our sons and daughters fight wars around the world
    Give their lives and limbs for liberty
    Risk everything to defend our nation
    And we do not forget.
    I'd light a candle, I'd shout on a hilltop,
    I'd sing out in the darkness if I thought
    Those who needed it most could hear,
    Not only like the tree that's planted by the water
    But like the granite foundations under our fields
    We shall not be overcome, we shall not be moved
    We will persevere and no bomb
    Designed to slay innocents and families
    Will make us afraid, make us give in,
    Or make us turn on each other in fear.

We are Massachusetts, we are Boston, we are New Englanders and Americans
    Strangers and friends, visitors and natives, weak and stronger than you imagine,
    And we shall overcome
    Together.
    I've Been Frosted

That's a wonderful poem, Karen. Thank you.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    That's a wonderful poem, Karen. Thank you.

That certainly was a nice writing. I surely hope they find who did this. We shall rebound once again from terrorism.

There are conflicting reports about the status of the investigation, but they do now have a suspect.
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    There are conflicting reports about the status of the investigation, but they do now have a suspect.
    I just heard that they don't, contrary to what was reported earlier.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

They've ID'd a suspect, no one's in custody.

ON a side note, how'd you like to be part of the media scrum that rushed over to the federal court house in Boston.........while the were cordoning off the area over a bomb threat?

Yet more proof that you don't have to have common sense to be in the media.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.