Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: my thoughts go to everyone in Boston right now..

4:40 pm EDT update

No arrest - a press conference was scheduled for 5 pm but postponed.

The arrest speculation began not long after the release of surveillance video taken from outside the Lord and Taylor department store that appeared to show a man placing a package on the sidewalk outside the store, then walking away. The second explosion occurred just outside the store.
    According to numerous U.S. media outlets, the man is seen clearly in the footage, which has been enhanced by video forensics experts. The video may have been recorded by the department store's security cameras.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I wouldn't blame them for not revealing everything they know the instant they know it, and at this point, if it means lying to the media in the interest of preserving any chance at justice and a good, solid case, I do not blame them.

I am curious as to who did it, but not so curious as to believe every report as soon as it hits the airwaves, no matter how breathless!
    I've Been Frosted

One dead suspect, one on the run.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/metro...7/-/index.html
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

We are fine, and are ordered to stay inside. I do have a dentist appointment in Wellesley, which is not closed, so will go to that, but otherwise will stick close to home.

We were up glued to the TV in the wee hours of the morning, as of course this is all very close to us, all the scenes you see on the TV screen are places we know well, and have frequently been.
    I've Been Frosted

Back home and safe, will stay in now. All the rest of my errands for the day of course involved other towns, including Watertown, that are also essentially closed.
    I've Been Frosted

I hope they don't have to shoot that younger suspect or that he does himself and others in. We need answers!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    I hope they don't have to shoot that younger suspect or that he does himself and others in. We need answers!
    I don't think he'll ever be taken alive, and the world will never have answers.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

They already know much more than they did before they identified the suspects, and with their electronic footprints we will learn more, but I do hope he is taken alive, as unlikely as that seems.
    I've Been Frosted

They have lifted the "shelter in place" order, but of course are still advising folks to stay away from Watertown.
    I've Been Frosted

Thank goodness the man is alive, and getting treatment at Mass General, hopefully he can heal well enough to answer the many questions we all will have, and to feel the weight of the full force of justice descend upon him.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Thank goodness the man is alive, and getting treatment at Mass General, hopefully he can heal well enough to answer the many questions we all will have, and to feel the weight of the full force of justice descend upon him.
    Wow, Karen and Paul - I am breathing a huuuuuuuge sigh of relief for you and all of Boston tonight! Thank goodness for Lord & Taylor's video cameras and for a very alert boat owner.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Glad you and Paul are safe, Karen! As is everyone else. I am so glad no one else wound up dead at the hands of this nutjob. It seemed like New Years Eve yesterday as people were out celebrating.

Double dipping

Now, we get to prosecute and defend this fellow. Yes, we, the taxpayers get to foot the bills for both. I am sure he will not be able to afford a defense. So, according to The Criminal Justice Act of 1964, an attorney will be provided for him at taxpayers expense. Millions of dollars will be spent by the government unless of course, he pleads guilty. I suspect he won't plead guilty and will say that he was brainwashed by his older brother. In a way, I feel sorry for the kids, as it does sound as though he was brought into the process by his older brother. Even so, he was involved and should pay the price.

So, after all the millions of dollars are spent through lost business income, law suits (and you just know there will be some) investigation and protection expenses, we will be no wiser or safer. This kind of crap happens in some countries, every day and they move on..... as will all of us...just not so quickly and easily.

Ugh. Glad it is over for the most part. I feel really sorry for the injured and the families of the deceased.

The newscaster made a comment about how he didn't fit the profile of a "terrorist" but honestly, I don't see how they can make a profile of one after this week!

He does seem to have been dragged into it by his brother, but he doesn't have the mentality of a terrorist. He could have easily killed himself while he was on the run, 'cause if you notice they seem to not care about things like that. He didn't, I don't think he wanted to. I think after his brother died he sort of woke up to what he had done. Granted, no I don't know but according to everyone he wasn't the one to worry about. I feel awful for everyone who lost their family members, lives, and those who got injured. I feel sort of bad for the family of these two boys as well. They are obviously distraught.

It's kind of digusting to think someone a year younger than me could already have killed 4 people and injured over 170

I don't think he'll get any less time because of his relative age. We allow and accept people at age 18 to enter the military, and they are considered full adults, trained in the use of lethal weaponry, etc. He may have been influenced by his brother, but he was an adult.

I also do not "get" the huge debate over whether he should be read his Miranda rights or not, as he graduated high school and was in college, so I am sure, having spent much of his life in America, watching TV and going through school, he could probably recite his Miranda rights in his sleep. That groups are battling about this is, in my opinion, just dumb. If he survives, he will have to face the consequences of what he has done.
    I've Been Frosted