Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Merlin - unknown to April 15, 2013

I'm so sorry, Slick, I know how much sweet Merlin meant to you and you to him. You made his last years the best.

Godspeed, dear Merlin, so much love goes with you from your Mom and all your PT 'relatives'. Come visit your Mom every once in a while and tell her you're OK and in no pain.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I am so very sorry to read this. Sending much love and many hugs to you, Vicki. God bless you and bring you peace and comfort. You gave the most wonderful home ever to a very special gentleman cat.

Oh Merlin, such a beautiful soul in such a beautiful body, so full of love and so beloved. Rest in peace by the Bridge, whole and healthy again, sending down your special love to your Meowmie who loves you so much. You and she are together always.

Love from Pat and cats, especially Merlin's darling Sparkler who is his sweetie forever
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

HugZ for Slick and head bumps and purrs for Merlin.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Oh Slick, I am so very sorry for your loss. Thank you for giving an older gentlecat a wonderful home for his final years and then having the courage and strength to let him go when it was time. I know your heart will be raw right now, in time it will heal and perhaps you'll open your home to another wonderful, loving kitty. Again, I'm so sorry.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Rest in peace Merlin.
    I am very sorry for your loss. I know how it feels, I have been through it twice.

My heart aches. This afternoon I took a bit of a nap around 5pm (have not slept much in the last week). I was in my lazy-boy and just about to fall asleep when I felt Merlin walk across my chest as he usually does to find a comfortable spot. I look at it as Merlin's way of telling me that he made the journey to the RB and is doing OK. Many people in my local life don't believe that but I take comfort in believing it.

It's so empty here without him or someone one else to love.

I'm so glad to be back on PT. Only PT people really understand.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I am so very sorry about your loss. My heart goes out to you. ((hugs))

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I believe Merlin wanted to put your heart at ease Slick. He was a dear and special boy and loved you so much. I am so very sorry he had to leave so soon. Take care and treasure his spirit for it will always be there for you.

Hugs, Betty
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Slick, I'm so sorry for your loss. I also believe that Merlin was trying to comfort you by having you feel him walk across your chest. Don't be surprised if you feel his presence or even see him again. You gave him so much love and a wonderful caring home and some day you'll be together again. When the time is right I hope that you'll be able to open up your heart and love and adopt another cat once again. RIP magnificent Merlin. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I'm so sorry about Merlin, but glad that he checked in on you to let you know he was OK.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

So very sorry to hear of your loss, Slick. RIP Merlin.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Slick, I’m so very sorry you had to say goodbye to Merlin, I know how it hurts.

Merlin was so lucky to be able to spend his last years with you, being loved and cared for like a Prince. He could not have found a better home. Not many would take in an older kitty, but you did, and I can see why you couldn’t resist him - such a sweet boy, he was.

Slick, I’m sure that when you felt Merlin walk across your chest, it was his way of telling you he arrived safely. He is now free of pain and surely getting to know the kitties at the RB, who went there before him - and you will keep him in your heart forever.

Rest in peace, dear Merlin!

Sending you love and big ((((hugs))))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I believe that Merlin was also telling you that he is always near you. He loves you too.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I’ve been back to read some Merlin threads. Loved them! What a sweet boy he was!!

Here’s his coming home thread:
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...ghlight=merlin

And here, some wonderful pictures, where he helps Slick organize her linen cupboard:
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...ghlight=merlin

Rest in peace, dear Merlin - you were so loved!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Sparkler told me, of COURSE that was Merlin walking across your chest!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery