Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahlua Our Magnificent Cat !!!

Kahlua Our Magnificent Cat !!!

Kahlua you look quite good for being twenty years young.
    My Princess became smaller as did Joseph and Michael as they approached that age as well, but they like you Kahlua still retain your beauty and grace and of course your cattitiude.

I agree totally that Our Cats grow in grace and stature as they mature and that every year they grow more and more in our hearts.
    The only sad thing is that we know that there will be a day when they will not be there, but I always think that they are there is spirit.
    Your Kahlua is quite the Cat , as she certainly seems to get along so well with her Feline and Canine Companions.

My Elder Cat Angels and My Oldest Cat Tubster Panther who is 10 are all sending a Golden Age MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW To Our Dear Senior Cat Kahlua the wise and gentle.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Lovely Kahlua

Bless you! I, too, have a senior cat, Niles, who is 18. He looks pretty scruffy now, but always was maticulous about his grooming. I just have to help him with it now. These wonderful creatures give so much to our lives. I hope you have Kahlua with you for a long time to come.

Kahlua, I can see the beauty in you still. You are a wonderful old gal who still looks pretty. It is obvious that your human loves you dearly and you two have shared so much during your twenty years. I smiled as I read about you and will also admit that I got a bit misty eyed because you are such a senior kitty and your human wrote so lovingly about you. May you have more years together. Congrats on being COTD!

I also posted this under another Kahlua thread.

Kahlua, I can see the beauty in you still. You are a wonderful old gal who still looks pretty. It is obvious that your human loves you dearly and you two have shared so much during your twenty years. I smiled as I read about you and will also admit that I got a bit misty eyed because you are such a senior kitty and your human wrote so lovingly about you. May you have more years together. Congrats on being COTD!

Kahlua, it's great to see a 20 year old cat being honored as COTD. You sure are a beauty. I hope that you'll be around for many more years to come. Congrats on being COTD!!!

My beloved old friend and feline daughter Samantha was only around until about age 17. I am still heartbroken over her loss almost ten years later. She also had reached the point where she couldn't groom herself, and I made sure to give her long black hair one final very loving combing on her last day... and she responded by purring as she had so many times before. She started out as Queen of Cats, but she graduated to the title of Dowager Empress of Cats in her later years. Friends would laugh at how she would answer to "Samantha," "Sam Sam," "Your Majesty," or "Dowager Empress." Kittens have their charm, but I do so much love the company of an older and more settled cat like Kahlua.

Now the cat who was Samantha's younger companion is 16 years old. She started out feral and only learned to trust people by following Samantha's example, developing in time into a sometimes cranky but always lovable lap cat. I'm sure that Shadow and Kahlua could swap plenty of hints about how cats can best train their humans.

As far as I'm concerned, the only problems with cats are that they simply don't live long enough and the matter of litter boxes!

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    Kahlua, it's great to see a 20 year old cat being honored as COTD. You sure are a beauty. I hope that you'll be around for many more years to come. Congrats on being COTD!!!
    I agree completely with what krazyaboutkatz has written! Kahlua, you are precious! Happy Cat of the Day!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh, dearest Kahlua, you are indeed still the great beauty! Your tuxedo pattern is striking, and you have the prettiest face, your eyes looking out at the world with great contentment and wisdom. You know so very much, that we younger foolish mortals of all species have yet to figure out!

You are clearly very much admired and cherished in your household, as your human has so lovingly documented in the photo collection. And isn't it wonderful that she appreciates the more mature creatures so very much, just as we do too. You all share a delightful household full of love!

Congratulations, darling Kahlua, on being selected today's Cat of the Day! We hope that you and your kitty and doggie and human family (including of course Cuervo Angel) are all enjoying a fine day of celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your very favorite treats.

Last edited by phesina; 04-15-2013 at 06:24 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Kahlua what a beauty you are!!!

I was surprised to hear you are 20. You certainly don't look it!!! My oldest kitty: Grandma, no longer grooms like she used to either. She will be 18 in May. We enjoy our times together while I comb her though. Older kitties are just so special. They sure have seen us through a lot!!! Please thank your loving family for sharing you with us. I hope you are enjoying your special day to the fullest.

Congratulations, sweet Kahlua, on being our very special Cat of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An Honor to See Kahlua

I feel absolutely honored and privileged to learn about Kahlua today. She is a special gal. You are so fortunate to have her with you for so many years! She was a cutie when younger and is the best-looking 20-year-old cat I have seen!

Thanks for sharing her photos and story.

Grand Dame Kahlua~

Hi beautiful Kahlua! A very happy Cat of the Day to you, and belated "Happy Birthday" wishes, as well (with wishes for many more)!

Nothing warms my heart more than seeing a most deserving "seasoned citizen" being honored here on Cat of the Day! But what I do not see is a"scruffy, old cat! I see an elegant, refined, dignified senior beauty, a beauty in body and in spirit!

I had the honor of sharing my life with 2 kitties who lived well into their 20's, 1 who suffered with diabetes for 7 years, and later renal issues as well. But like you, they were both just as beautiful at 20 as they were at 2...there is a certain unique brand of beauty, and wisdom, that only comes with the years...I think your person knows just what I mean!

We can't thank your family enough for rescuing you and brother Cuervo in your time of great need, when you were motherless and alone. (I'm so sorry about your furmom) The fact that Cuervo was blessed with such an incredibly long life, that you, Kahlua, are still going strong at 20, is testament to the wonderful care and unconditional love your family has lavished upon you both these many years! And I have to tell you, Kahlua, that photo of you with your kitty sibs is beyond precious! What a lucky family, having been blessed with so many precious furkids, doggies andkitties, and I hope for you all many, many more happy, peaceful, love filled years together!

Thanks for the BIG smiles, sweetheart! Having the chance to pay tribute to you, to all that you mean to your family, has been an honor! I hope you and the entire furry crew are all enjoying a very special day, being loved andpampered to pieces! You all deserve it!
    Lots of love, hugs and kisses to you, beautiful Kahlua, and to all of your dear doggie and kitty sibs, too!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Cheers for older cats

Kahlua, what a great accomplishment you have, living life for so long and carrying for your human parent. I too had a cat who lived for 19 years & he shared so much of my life with me. Old cats are truly magnificent. Cheers to a few more wonderful years Kahlua!

Hello dearest Kahlua,

So pleased to meet a sweet senior lady kitty like you. Having been such a sweet companion
    & treasured helper with the other kitties all these many years, I agree that you certainly deserve the
    honor as CAT OF THE DAY. Much love to you sweetheart Kahlua.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Could never have guessed your age you beautiful lady! Hope you have many happy years to come you truly are a stunner!
    Animals love unconditionally

Queen Kahlua!

Such a great story about such a wonderful cat!
    It is good to see you surrounded by loving kitties...and doggies!
    May everyday be Cat fo the Day for you, Kahlua!