Time is very short for these two - 4/30 PTS deadline. I need shares and help and offers here.
Please contact Rena ASAP!!!! [email protected]

Maryland!!!Urgent!!!!!Diabetic cat and his bonded friend, Moe & Shiloh

Name:  moe_and_shiloh.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  87.4 KB

Time is very short for these two. I need shares and help and offers here.
Contact Rena ASAP!!!! [email protected]

Ok people. 911 with a 4/30 PTS deadline in the DC Metro area. Short story: lady loses her home and farm. She had 10 cats - 8 have been successfully rehomed. She has two - Bonded - MUST stay together. Moe and Shiloh. Moe is a diabetic, diagnosed 8/2012!! They are FRIENDLY. They had been in the barn, happily mousing etc., but they have been inside with her since she lost the farm. They can very likely make the transition to indoor only if someone would be patient with the more shy of the two, Shiloh. She has since lost her home and is homeless (I'm not making this up), and the two cats are in her ex-husband's basement. he will ONLY KEEP until the end of April. If we can't find some solution for these two, she will have them PTS to avoid sending them to a shelter where they will be PTS.

**UPDATED** More info on Moe. He gets Lantus, I think 1u twice daily. He is currently being fed both wet and dry. I think there would be a good chance (though no guarantees) that he could be diet-controlled on a wet-only diet!!

Here are their details:

MOE: 10yrs., Combo neg, UTD on shots, chipped, neutered, diabetic. From Moe's mom: "Moe is a total lap cat, very playful, a homebody. He doesn't stray far outside. Uber friendly - tolerates dogs, great with people of all ages. Easy easy easy to give insulin!

SHILOH: 9yrs., Combo neg, UTD on shots, chipped, spayed. Shiloh is simple - shy but touchable. She is really enjoying starting to be touched and brushed since she's been inside. She purrs when I do this. She needs a patient person but the reward will be remarkable when she comes out of her shell.

Shiloh and Moe MUST stay together. Shiloh depends on Moe. The picture is above - Moe is on the left (standing) and Shiloh on the right in the kitty bed.

Time is very short for these two. I need shares and help and offers here. I am the contact. [email protected]