Thread: Can anyone suggest some good books?

Can anyone suggest some good books?

I just sold my kindle touch and have order a kindle paper white. It should make reading in not well lit places a lot easier on my eyes I hope. I don't read much but I'd like to get into it more. I find if I'm interested in the book I can read it, like The Hunger Games trilogy. I think I read them in a week and I enjoyed it. I've also read the first Game of Thrones, which I also enjoyed so I started the second. I got to a part that's just really boring so I sorta stopped reading it. hopefully I'll get back into it at some point.

Can anyone recommend some good books? I don't have any particular type I prefer to read I think...as long as the story is interesting.

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

Have you read Stieg Larsson's? There are three of them.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

You will most likely find parts like that throughout 'A Song of Ice & Fire' series (Game of Thrones). Power through it...I promise they are worth the read. The parts that are 'boring' are needed to give info with so many characters and back stories. You might want to give 'The Vampire Chronicles' a go by Anne Rice. They are fantastic and quite interesting a read. I could suggest a ton of books but not sure if they would be your thing. I read a lot of classics. And am particularly fond of the russian authors. They can be a very hard read. You might like the Sookie Stackhouse books...The Southern Vampire Mysteries. They are pretty quick reads and keep your attention.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

I feel like you may like the Warriors Series, granted it is for kids, but I know tons of teens and 20 somethings that LOVED it when I suggested it! It is by Erin Hunter. I read it in middle school, but I LOVE it.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Don't know your preferences, but IMO you can't go wrong with Dean Koontz or Stephen King.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    I feel like you may like the Warriors Series, granted it is for kids, but I know tons of teens and 20 somethings that LOVED it when I suggested it! It is by Erin Hunter. I read it in middle school, but I LOVE it.
    Hey! I love the Warrior series, too! LOL

It's not quite out yet, but my good friends husband wrote this book. http://www.amazon.com/Promise-Blood-...omise+of+blood It's been getting really good reviews, I haven't read it yet but I'm excited to.

The Flying Troutmans by Miriam Toews. A quirky, really good book. http://books.google.ca/books/about/T...AJ&redir_esc=y
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Blog Entries
    The House of the Spirits, by Isabel Allende. The Hiding Place, by Corrie ten Boom. The Minds of Billy Milligan, by Daniel Keys. Is That It? by Bob Geldof. The Shell Seekers, by Rosamunde Pilcher, are all excellent reads I believe.

Blog Entries
    A Prayer for Owen Meany, John Irving. Howard by Noah Dietrich. Transition by Chaz Bono.

A Song of Ice and Fire takes patience, but is worth it. It sounds like you like fantasy. I could suggest anything by David Eddings, Terry Goodkind or Robert Jordan. All of these have series that are complete (The Belgariad, etc; Sword of Truth series, and The Wheel of Time. Happy reading!

I also enjoy cat-themed mysteries, by Rita Mae Brown; Lillian Jackson Braun (RIP); Shirley Rousseau Murphy and others.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb