Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taxing Thursday #528.

Having a hot cup of chai right now, thankful that friends who work in Boston, and people I know who have run the Marathon in the recent past are all accounted for, and safe tonight.

Moment of silence in the bar of all those who lost their lives , and all those caring for the critically injured, the traumatized, and all the "first responders," and just ordinary residents of the city, and visitors to it who are helping out in this sad time.
    I've Been Frosted

I brought in one of the metal small tables from the patio. We can use it as a little shrine and light some candles for everyone who has been injured or have lost their lives in Boston.

I simply cannot wrap my head around the idea that someone or several would actually build bombs and ignite them to injure and kill people.

What have they accomplished - except make all of us so sad for the losses.

Happily my sis-in-law worked from home today because of the Marathon. So she was not in Boston as she normally would have been. I am grateful.

More tea please.

What happened to spring? It's 44: cold, rainy and miserable today. Made even more miserable because of the 4 broken windows from our hail storm on the 7th, and the sadness of what happened in Boston and all our sick and RB babies. I'd love some hot chocolate with a shot of something 'bracing' in it.

At least the new season of Deadliest Catch starts tonight.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post

At least the new season of Deadliest Catch starts tonight.
    Glad you reminded me - with all else going on - I had forgotten!

Well - I wonder what trouble Jake Harris will be in this year. I imaging Phil is looking down on him with much disapproval. Poor Phil will never get any rest..........

And Jake Anderson got married. I like that cutie - he has so much drive and determination.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Glad you reminded me - with all else going on - I had forgotten!

Well - I wonder what trouble Jake Harris will be in this year. I imaging Phil is looking down on him with much disapproval. Poor Phil will never get any rest..........

And Jake Anderson got married. I like that cutie - he has so much drive and determination.
    There will be a show right before the new episode where the captains talk about the new season.
    I caught a clip the other night where Josh Harris said the last time he saw Jake was right before they boats went out and Jake did not even know what day it was. Doesn't sound good for Jake. I'm glad Josh is doing well. He is back on the Time Bandit.

I like Jake Anderson too!!! That youngster has sure come along way with all he has had to deal with.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

There will be a show right before the new episode where the captains talk about the new season.
    I caught a clip the other night where Josh Harris said the last time he saw Jake was right before they boats went out and Jake did not even know what day it was. Doesn't sound good for Jake. I'm glad Josh is doing well. He is back on the Time Bandit.

I like Jake Anderson too!!! That youngster has sure come along way with all he has had to deal with.
    That show with the captains was on last week, and I fell asleep about 5 minutes into it. Glad it will be back on tonight. Now if I can just stay awake to see it and the first episode............

That's a shame that Jake Harris has elected to throw his life away, but glad that Josh is continuing on. And what I find sad, is that Jake was always Phil's "favorite", in spite of all that he did. I always felt sorry for Josh who was so devoted to Phil, but Phil didn't see it.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    That show with the captains was on last week, and I fell asleep about 5 minutes into it. Glad it will be back on tonight. Now if I can just stay awake to see it and the first episode............

That's a shame that Jake Harris has elected to throw his life away, but glad that Josh is continuing on. And what I find sad, is that Jake was always Phil's "favorite", in spite of all that he did. I always felt sorry for Josh who was so devoted to Phil, but Phil didn't see it.
    I always felt the same way about Phil and Josh!!! Oh, there is a new show on after the new episode called the Ledgend of the Time Bandit. Just in case you are interested in it.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

I always felt the same way about Phil and Josh!!! Oh, there is a new show on after the new episode called the Ledgend of the Time Bandit. Just in case you are interested in it.
    And guess who fell asleep - again! The last I remember was Sig and Edgar going at it - and then it was 1 a.m. I should have left the t.v. on since at 2 it would play that episode again, but I didn't. Of course I laid there wide awake till around 5. Hope they play it again before next week's episode.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Whatever you do, NO NOT toss another log on the fire....with stinkerella in here the bar might explode!
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Awwww, poor Angel.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Poor Angel? Poor nostrils!
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.